Senior Counsel, Corporate at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 68 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
We are looking for an exceptional attorney to join our corporate legal team. Reporting to the AGC, Corporate, you will work closely with business executives and operations teams, with your primary responsibilities including mergers & acquisitions, Coinbase Ventures investments, strategic transactions, governance and whatever other projects are needed.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Leading legal work for corporate development activities at all stages of an M&A deal, from transaction structuring and term sheet negotiation to due diligence, definitive agreement negotiation, and post-closing integration.
- Leading legal work for Coinbase Ventures investments.
- Leading legal work for other corporate strategic transactions, including joint ventures, credit facilities, divestitures, cross-border transactions, etc.
- General corporate governance, including matters pertaining to regulated and non-regulated domestic and international entity governance.
- Provide creative, innovative, and effective legal solutions for business stakeholders on routinely short timelines.
- Be an outstanding collaborator with colleagues in legal, finance, accounting, corporate development, compliance, tax, equity, compensation and other areas.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Approximately six or more years of relevant corporate legal experience at a leading national firm, or comparable in house practice, with exposure to high growth public technology companies.
- Excellent project management, negotiation, drafting, and time management skills.
- Excellent judgement, analytic rigor, and business pragmatism.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves (no job too big, no job too small).
- Must be active and in good standing in one State Bar in the United States, preferably in California or New York.
Nice to haves:
- Passion for the crypto industry.
- Experience with regulated financial services firms.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.