We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
We are looking for an exceptional attorney to join our corporate legal team. You will be the attorney responsible for all Corporate Legal matters relating to tax and treasury efforts, working closely with Coinbase’s VP of Tax and VP of Treasury and their respective teams. In this role you will learn the business operations of every Coinbase entity across the globe and serve as the steward of their various intercompany relationships.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Be the primary point of contact on the Corporate Legal team for Coinbase’s fast growing tax and treasury teams.
- Partnering with Coinbase’s tax team on a wide variety of projects, including intercompany agreements, restructuring activities, organizational optimization, and other matters.
- Partnering with Coinbase’s treasury team on a wide variety of projects, including capital contributions, corporate financings (including credit facilities and other lending agreements), corporate governance for banking matters, compliance with debt covenants, and other matters.
- On an ad hoc basis, support related product-driven projects that touch on corporate finance.
- Support post-closing tax and treasury integration matters for our M&A transactions.
- Provide creative, innovative, and effective legal solutions for business stakeholders on routinely short timelines.
- Assist with various projects that may arise.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Approximately six or more years of relevant legal experience at a leading law firm, or comparable in house practice, with exposure to high growth public technology companies.
- Excellent project management, drafting, and time management skills.
- Excellent judgment, analytic rigor, and business pragmatism.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves (no job too big, no job too small).
Nice to haves:
- Experience with tax laws and regulations.
- Passion for the crypto industry.
- Experience with regulated financial services firms.
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $210,375 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.