Senior Corporate Securities Counsel at KeepTruckin
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
We see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to impact and improve every facet of a trillion-dollar industry that touches everyone’s lives. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company, a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront and named a Forbes Best Startup Employer 2020.About the Role:
This position will report to the General Counsel who is in the Bay Area. Role can be remote within the US. As Senior Corporate Securities Counsel, you will lead our global equity programs and corporate and securities law compliance programs. You will work on a wide array of legal matters, including equity and debt offerings, strategic investments, managing global corporate subsidiaries, contract negotiations and employee, investor and shareholder relations and communications. You will regularly interact with management, finance, HR, strategy and communications teams.What You'll Do:
- Maintain corporate books and records and oversee corporate governance programs.
- Manage equity plan operations including responding to employee and shareholder inquiries.
- Develop, implement and maintain disclosure and compliance controls and procedures.
- Be a key partner for corporate development activities and complex contract negotiations.
- 7+ years experience, mix of law firm and in-house
- Have represented late stage private companies and/or public companies with a global footprint and advised on equity, corporate, and securities law compliance matters
- In-depth understanding of SEC rules and forms, registered public offerings, the underwriting process, comfort letters, opinions and other components of the offering process and regular reporting obligations under the Exchange Act
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- California bar admission (or eligibility to obtain admission promptly) preferred
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of KeepTruckin's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at KT. KT considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.