Senior Corporate Counsel at Twilio (Remote)
Join the team as our next Senior Corporate Counsel!Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.About the job
You are a hardworking and creative lawyer who is passionate about working on sophisticated contracts. This job is for you if you enjoy a fast-paced environment and love giving high-fives (virtual ones) when a deal closes. You have supported large enterprise business teams and enjoy understanding the business drivers behind a particular deal. You have a zealous attention to detail, excellent judgment and writing skills, and you are customer support focused when dealing with internal clients and external customers.Responsibilities
In this role you will be expected to exercise excellent business judgment to seek solutions while handling legal and financial risks, coordinating issue resolution and employing creative problem-solving.
- Take ownership of the drafting, review, negotiation, and management of a range of telecommunications and messaging-related legal agreements. Advise Twilio’s internal clients on contract interpretation and negotiation. Champion Twilio’s mission, ethics and integrity by ensuring Twilio’s compliance policies are in practice and protect the company from risk, comply with all applicable local laws and regulations, and are in line with Twilio’s values.
- Seek to understand the context of the positions of Twilio’s customers and the requests from Twilio’s internal clients. Strive to solve problems and address issues from their points of view.
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures, and standard commercial templates for purchasing services from multi national operators and local carriers. Create processes and procedures to help support a rapidly-growing, global business that relies on carriers.
- Partner with the Carrier Relations and Product teams to ensure you are working on the right deals at the right time.
- Train and mentor clients in other departments and within your own team on telecommunications contract negotiation strategy and substantive legal skills.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Qualified lawyer with strong academic credentials.
- 6+ years of legal experience, with at least 5+ years negotiating with telecommunications providers.
- Experience negotiating telecommunications and messaging contracts
- Ability to structure, draft and negotiate a high volume and broad range of telecommunications and messaging contracts.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to advocate for a position while maintaining a collaborative and open-minded approach.
- Ability to triage and prioritize a heavy workflow, develop processes for the team that scale, and setting appropriate expectations with internal clients and delivering results efficiently.
- Experience working at a high-growth technology organization
This role will be remote, and based in the USA.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.(Location dependent information)
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $160,080 - $200,100.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.