Senior Corporate Counsel, Product at Match Group (Dallas, TX)
| Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:24 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, March 31, 2022
Match Group (MTCH) is seeking a motivated and talented attorney to join the Match Group Business Affairs and Legal team. This position will be based in either the New York City or Dallas, Texas offices and will provide day-to-day legal support to our Hinge, OkCupid, Match.com, Plenty of Fish and Match Affinity brands across the globe with a focus on North America.
Match Group, through its portfolio companies, is a leading provider of dating products available globally. Our portfolio of brands is designed to increase our users' likelihood of finding a meaningful connection.
How you'll make an impact:
- You will build relationships with and provide practical and solution-oriented day-to-day legal advice and product counsel to brand product, design and engineering teams from initial stages of product development through launch and commercialization.
- You will develop a deep understanding of various brands’ technology and tech stacks and provide practical and innovative counsel to support high impact and timely product launches.
- You will serve as the legal liaison to product teams regarding compliance with international, federal and state laws and regulations relevant to consumer-facing technology services, including data protection, privacy, intellectual property and consumer protection laws.
- You will draft and negotiate various commercial agreements, including product integration, SAAS, technology, payments, analytics, research, licensing, development and other general vendor and operations agreements.
- You will analyze potential legal risks and regulatory requirements for new and changing user-facing products and technologies.
- You will collaborate with our litigation team in managing the identification and gathering of information from brand product teams, and implementation of changes by product teams, in response to litigation and regulatory investigations.
- You will work closely and collaboratively with brand teams to identify and achieve desired business outcomes while minimizing legal risk as well as assist in administration of corporate policies and procedures, such as vendor security, privacy compliance and contract approval.
- You will advise and manage workflow process improvement, playbook development, client training, and template use to address the evolving needs of a growing organization.
We could be a match if:
- You have a law degree from a top accredited law school and admission (or in-house eligibility) to practice law in New York, Texas or California and 4 to 8 years’ experience, including both top national law firm and in-house legal department experience.
- You have substantial and direct experience providing technology product counseling on complex products to stakeholders, including non-lawyers, and ideally in digital industries such as gaming, music, mobile, video, online marketplaces and/or social media.
- You have excellent business communication and analytical skills, as well as an impeccable attention to detail and strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- You possess a strong desire to learn the business and new areas of law and have a natural ease in working cross-functionally as a practical-minded legal partner to business teams.
- You have a positive attitude, sense of humor and professional ease in working collaboratively with other members of the Business Affairs and Legal Department and Brand teams.
What's the team like?
- This position will be based in either the New York City or Dallas, Texas offices.
- Senior Corporate Counsel who succeed on this team are strategic thinkers who thrive in new situations and can simultaneously manage multiple demands and shifting priorities within a fast-paced, and rapidly evolving environment.
- The team includes members with legal backgrounds across a range of customer-facing industries, including travel, hospitality, sports, retail, software, music and social networking.
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our employees too – here are some examples how:
Annual training budget for each employee
100% employer match on 401k contributions
Specific COVID-19 allowance for home office set-up
Matched giving to qualified organizations
100% paid Parental Leave for up to 20 weeks
Happy Hours and Company events
At Match Group, we represent a collection of unique brands - but we all focus together on the health and safety of all of our employees. That's why we require that employees are fully-vaccinated when in person at any US office or company-sponsored fun. If you need to talk through this in-person vaccine requirement, our People team can work with you through our accommodations review process.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. Period.
More Information on Match Group
Match Group operates in the Other industry. The company is located in Dallas, TX. Match Group was founded in 1995. It has 2103 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 111 open jobs at Match Group, click here.
Read Full Job Description