Senior Corporate Counsel, Compliance & Data Privacy at Celonis
This position can be remote on the East Coast in areas including Massachusetts, NY, Connecticut, Maryland, Washington DC, Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina.
We are hiring a Senior Corporate Counsel, Compliance & Data Privacy to support our organization. This attorney will partner across our global organization to help develop, enhance and scale the global Ethics and Compliance and Privacy programs. This will include providing strategic legal advice to the senior leaders across Celonis. A successful candidate will be expected to provide pragmatic, creative, collaborative and solution-oriented legal support throughout the company globally; will have a strong business sense and have experience working as a self-starter in an environment that is fast-paced, business and results-oriented and team focused.
The work you'll do:
- Provide legal advice on privacy and information security matters to other Legal Department team members and cross-functional teams such as InfoSec, procurement, product, and engineering teams
- Work with the Data Protection team to draft and implement internal and external privacy policies, notices and disclosures.
- Manage/update policies and procedures to comply with applicable jurisdictional laws, regulations and best practices globally on compliances issues such as anti-corruption, anti-bribery, export control compliance and conflicts of interest
- Provide legal advice with respect to handling general compliance, privacy and security-related customer and regulatory inquiries and investigations
- Work closely with the Data Protection and InfoSec teams to scope and perform periodic data privacy risk assessments, mitigation and remediation as well as the mitigation of privacy and security risks.
- Monitor and analyze relevant privacy and information security laws and regulations, as well as technological developments, threat vectors, and evolving industry standards, to ensure an ongoing ability to provide sound compliance advice
- Keep up-to-date on best practices for compliance and ethics programs and help implement improvements
- Monitor performance and effectiveness of the compliance programs
- Develop and provide training on compliance issues including data privacy.
- Participate in compliance risk assessments and audits, and assist with developing and implementing risk mitigation plans
The qualifications you need:
- JD and membership in good standing with at least one state bar
- 6+ years of compliance and data privacy experience in law firm and in-house legal departments
- Experience providing pragmatic and actionable advice to multinational technology companies on various legal risks and obligations under privacy and data security laws in the U.S (including California), Canada and Europe (with APAC privacy and data security laws a plus)
- Strong experience creating and scaling compliance and data privacy processes and policies for a rapidly growing company
- Experience advising on privacy and data security in commercial transactions
- Excellent communication and writing skills and experience working with executives
- Ability to pragmatically weigh risks and benefits of complex situations
- Attitude that no project is too big or too small
- Comfort working in an extremely fast-paced environment
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, mentorships, yearly development stipend)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (stock options, 401(K) matching, generous time off, parental leave, and more)
- Work from home support (mindfulness tools such as Headspace, monthly remote working stipend, flexible working hours, virtual events and workshops)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Employee resource communities to help you feel connected, valued and seen ([email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis believes that every company can unlock its full execution capacity. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of applications, and developer studio and platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies. Celonis has thousands of global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with 15 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better .