Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for an experienced Contracts Manager to join our hard-working Procurement Team. We are looking for a contracts manager who has strong attention for detail and experience in technology, such as hardware, software/SaaS, and hosted infrastructure and technology consulting services. You‘ll work closely with key partners across Atlassian. You will build effective cross-functional working relationships and actively participate in worldwide contracts management. You will have exposure and interaction with departments across the company and world as well as our external suppliers, so strong social and communication skills are a requirement. You will be a trusted partner and advisor to Sourcing colleagues and internal customers providing practical and timely contractual guidance, identification of contractual risks and informed consent, and excellence in drafting contract documents.
You'll also have input in development of the contracts management function within Procurement at Atlassian, helping to build out playbooks, contract templates and process improvement documentation.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Work alongside IT, Hosted Infrastructure, Development groups, Marketing, Workplace Experience, and other internal customers
- Structure, draft, and negotiate technology and professional services contracts, as well as purchase agreements, software licensing, and cloud subscription agreements.
- Responsible for contract close-out, extension and renewal, and communicating contractual changes to all partners.
- Manage the exception process for certain low-risk, low-dollar contracts eligible for "No Legal Review" identifying new categories for fast tracked contract management
- Working alongside Procurement Sourcing personnel, facilitate supplier negotiations, including negotiation strategy development, pricing, SLAs, and other contract terms and conditions.
- Working alongside the commercial contract group within Atlassian Legal to learn core Atlassian legal strategies, develop contract templates and general commercial negotiation guidelines.
- Participate in cross functional meetings with internal customers to capture and consolidate requirements and establish specifications.
- Provide contract-related issue resolution, both internally and externally
- Influence supplier selection/qualification for new products to support the Atlassian technology roadmap and overall company strategy.
- Team with Sourcing leads within Procurement to develop and execute the technology category sourcing strategy.
- Review technology acquisition requests to verify accuracy, specifications, ensuring requested technology meets IT standards
- Supplier Management - monitor, report, and continuously improve supplier relationships. Seek opportunities to save money and improve quality of service.
- Assist with identifying cost reduction/value improvements in technology spend categories.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Bachelor's degree preferred; supply chain concentration preferred
- A proven track record in the acquisition of technology (software, hardware, SaaS, and consulting services)
- 5-7 years of increasingly responsibilities and experience reviewing, drafting, and negotiating commercial contracts. Emphasis on SaaS vendors, consulting and awareness of data privacy issues.
- Commodity expertise in technology (focus on SaaS) for a fast-growing, global company
- Ability to work independently while supporting all levels of the company
- Strong negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand legal, risk and business impacts to contract language
- Experience with risk management
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic environment
- Resourcefulness in dealing with complex requirements
- Outstanding communications and customer service skills
- Confluence, JIRA, and Coupa experience preferred
It's great, but not required if you have:
- 5+ years of contracts manager, or other comparable experience within a corporate legal or Procurement department
More about our Team
This role reports to the Atlassian Procurement Team which is part of the global finance and strategy department within the CFO organization. You would be joining a hardworking and collaborative distributed team that is always growing, learning, and adapting. The team has a positive relationship with the business with responsibility for planning, pricing and business insights.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.