Paylocity is a cloud-based software company that creates customized HR solutions for small to mid-sized organizations. Our workplace enhances communication and enables employees to connect, collaborate, and create from anywhere. Our award-winning culture ensures everyone has a voice and feels truly welcome. Join Paylocity as we shape the future of technology and the workplace!
We give our employees what they need to succeed, including great benefits and perks! We offer medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and a 401(k) match, as well as perks that support you, your family, and your finances. And if it's career development you desire, we provide that, too! At Paylocity, people matter most and have always been at the heart of our business.
When you feel like you belong, work is no longer work - it's personal. At Paylocity, we believe better employees lead to better companies. Workplaces and cultures that care will build the future, and at Paylocity, we're doing just that. Join us as we change the future and transform your career!
There are jobs and then there are careers. Since 1997, Paylocity has been hiring talented people, giving them big challenges, and providing the right resources to help them succeed. Our award-winning culture ensures all employees feel truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves. While other companies talk about it, we make it happen. Join Paylocity and launch your career!
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Independently review, draft, and negotiate a variety of SAAS commercial agreements to support customer sales, reseller, partnerships and vendor agreements, including applicable data privacy provisions
- Advise on commercial related matters and projects
- Build commercial strategy for new product launches
- Manage processes and workflows governing the intake, review, and approval of commercial agreements
- Develop and maintain applicable playbooks
- Negotiate data privacy agreements and manage compliance with CCPA, GDPR and other data compliance laws as it relates to commercial contracts
- Provide input on a contracts management system and contract processes to optimize interactions with our sales team
- Develop and implement innovative ways to scale commercial legal processes
- Handle ad-hoc projects across a spectrum of complex business, legal, and strategic issues
Education and Experience
The minimum education, experience, skills and certifications/training required to successfully perform the job.
- BBA / BA / BS degree required
- JD required + admission to a state / DC bar
- SAAS experience preferred
- Experience with data privacy, data security, and intellectual property as it relates to commercial contracts
- 6 years' experience in commercial law
Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.
Paylocity is committed to the full inclusion of all individuals. We comply with federal and state disability laws and make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $130,000 - 200,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual bonus and restricted stock unit grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.