Aircall is on a mission to revolutionize the business phone industry!
We exist to empower every professional to have richer conversations. We provide an entirely cloud-based voice solution, which seamlessly integrates with popular productivity and helpdesk tools. We have raised more than $220 million since 2015, and our base of 10,000+ customers (and growing) is at our forefront.
Behind our product are the amazing teams driving it, split between Paris, New York, Sydney, Madrid, London, Berlin and remote locations. Despite our distance, we all work together to drive our product!
About the role:
Aircall is looking for an experienced, business-minded telecommunications regulatory counsel with at least 5 years of relevant experience to join the Legal team and work on US and Canadian telecommunications regulatory matters for its cloud communication services. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment. This full-time position will report to Aircall’s General Counsel.
What you'll do:
- Monitor and advise on proposed telecom laws and regulations throughout the U.S. (federal and state) and Canada relevant to Aircall’s services
- Obtain and maintain, as necessary, regulatory licenses, authorizations and ensure ongoing regulatory compliance
- Advise product counsels and transactional attorneys on regulatory issues
- Provide input on regulatory sections of complex commercial agreements including telecommunication agreements
- Collaborate with product counsels and product teams to tackle evolutions of the regulatory landscape
- Monitor and assess impact of regulatory changes
- Stays informed of industry-specific legislation/regulations and work with stakeholders to ensure that appropriate risk management strategies are implemented
- Work across teams to find innovative solutions in response to complex regulatory challenges
What you'll bring:
- JD that is admitted, active, and in good standing with the New York State bar
- 5 years or more of experience specializing in telecommunications regulations, with experience in cloud communications or a related industry
- Experience working across various teams in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to collaborate and function well in a team environment
- Ability to work well with individuals across diverse teams and cultures
- Self-starter; able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent organization and planning skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Fluent in English, additional languages a strong plus!
We know that success comes from smart work and deserves to be recognized and rewarded.
We value people who are bold, ambitious, collaborative and customer-centric. We’re a global community growing together.
If you love a good challenge, enjoy solving meaningful problems, and want to be a part of one of the fastest-growing B2B startups, then Aircall is the company you are looking for!
Aircall offers a unique work environment and the chance to collaborate with diverse teammates across continents. We'll provide freedom and tools to allow you to thrive at your best, and foster an environment you can do it in.
Why join us?
🚀 Key moment to join Aircall in term of growth and opportunities
💆♀️ Our people matter, work-life balance is important at Aircall
📚 Fast-learning environment, entrepreneurial and strong team spirit
🌍 35+ Nationalities: cosmopolite & multi-cultural mindset
💵 Competitive salary package & equity
🏨Medical, dental, and vision insurance is 100% covered
📈 401k plan with company matching!
✈️ Unlimited PTO — take the time you need to come to work feeling great!
⭐️ Wellness, commuter and childcare reimbursements
💚 Generous parental leave policy
At Aircall, we believe diversity, equity and inclusion, irrespective of origins, identity, background and orientations, are core to our Aircall journey.
We promote active inclusion to foster a strong sense of belonging which is one of our main strengths as a business. We strive to assemble diverse people that can enrich and learn from each other. We pledge to make sure everyone not only has a seat at the table but is valued at the table -- providing equal opportunities to develop and thrive.
We will constantly challenge ourselves to make sure that we live up to our ambitions around diversity, equity and inclusion, and keep this conversation open because we realize that we have work to do and much to learn.