Regulatory & Compliance Counsel at Credit Karma
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
Credit Karma’s Legal & Compliance team is looking for a Regulatory & Compliance Counsel to proactively assess legal risk and provide smart, practical guidance to stakeholders about the challenges our company faces. You will look for opportunities to distinguish Credit Karma as a compliance leader, and use your expertise to build programs and influence big picture decisions, such as how the company approaches compliance, data governance, and consumer protection generally. You will report to the Managing Counsel and work closely with cross-functional teams across the organization, including Legal & Compliance, Product, Engineering, and Data Science. You will bring a combination of cutting edge legal counseling, compliance program fundamentals, and business thought leadership. A self-motivated and highly collaborative attorney who excels in a dynamic, innovative environment will thrive in this role.
What you’ll do:
- Manage complex cross-functional efforts related to regulatory compliance, data governance, and consumer protection
- Understand how evolving legal requirements apply to new and innovative financial products and technologies, and develop big picture legal strategies that help us best reach business goals and support our members
- Develop expertise on legal and compliance considerations affecting data use and Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning in the financial technology sector, including fairness, commercial rights, privacy and security
- Inform and help operationalize compliance program basics, such as policies and procedures, control development, training programs, and change management
- Educate stakeholders across the company in a simple, practical way and foster a culture of continued learning and compliance
What’s great about the role:
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge issues at the intersection of technology and financial services
- Support from a well-resourced, collaborative Legal & Compliance team with diverse skill sets and areas of expertise who enjoy learning from each other
- A satisfying mission working to make financial progress possible for everyone
Minimum Basic Requirements:
- 5+ as an attorney, with at least three advising US companies on relevant topics, such as financial services, consumer protection, and data governance
- Demonstrated ability to handle both complex legal analysis and nuts and bolts program design and project management
- Comfort working in ambiguous areas of law in a dynamic environment with the confidence and judgment to make good decisions and communicate key information clearly
- Experience advising or partnering with cross-functional groups (ie, non-lawyers)
- Working knowledge of consumer finance laws and interest in developing additional expertise: FCRA, GLBA, ECOA, RESPA, UDAAP, CROA, TSR
- JD from an accredited law school, membership in at least one state bar, and the ability to practice in-house in Charlotte, NC
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning or data governance
- Relevant experience working in-house or with a state or federal regulator
- Additional compliance or privacy certifications (CCEP, CIPP, CRCM, etc)
- Experience working with technical teams to spot issues, improve processes, or develop controls
- Experience building or maturing a compliance program
- Litigation, arbitration, complaint resolution, regulatory inquiry, or other dispute resolution experience
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance or similar ordinances.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a career at Credit Karma is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process. Moving forward, all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to share proof of that status upon onboarding. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Credit Karma may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)