Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
As Skydio’s Product Counsel, you'll have a broad range of responsibilities providing legal guidance on product development. We’re a fast-paced startup, so you can expect to do a little bit of everything, with a core focus around product development. We’re actively expanding our offerings in a number of exciting directions across consumer, enterprise, and government markets, so your ideas and contributions will make an immediate impact.
This role can be in a remote location.
How you'll make an impact:
- Partner with our innovators through all stages of the product and feature development lifecycle, while managing legal risk and ensuring regulatory compliance for our drone-related products and services.
- Negotiate complex commercial relationships that directly contribute to the success of Skydio’s products in the market.
- Draft and negotiate commercial and intellectual property agreements affecting Skydio's products and services.
- Provide sound compliance advice based on up-to-date knowledge of relevant industry, consumer protection, advertising, IP, data protection, and U.S. and EU privacy laws and regulations.
- Provide ideas and insights into how the company can work within the law to create amazing product experiences for its customers.
What makes you a good fit:
- 7+ years of combined, relevant experience in law firms and in-house legal departments providing guidance directly to product teams
- Familiarity with launching products and advising on the legal and regulatory aspects of product development in the hardware and SaaS space
- Excellent commercial negotiation and drafting skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage projects effectively
- Fluency in translating legal advice into actionable guidance for innovative product and business teams
- A Juris Doctor (JD) degree and active membership in at least one state bar
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, our company Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/