Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can find experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 52 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
As Product Counsel, you’ll get to work with a variety of teams including the product and engineering teams that are focused on growth, video, and new products. You must have excellent judgment in balancing legal risks with business strategy and a proven ability to learn new areas of law at a rapid pace and function independently in a demanding environment. You will use your drive and experience to make a big impact on Reddit’s business.
If you’re passionate about the law and business and love a challenging, team-focused, fast-moving environment, then this is the place for you.
What You’ll Do:
- Advise multiple stakeholders across product, engineering, and business development throughout the product development cycle (from the initial stages of product development, through launch, to market strategy) on a broad range of best practices and compliance issues regarding reddit.com and its apps
- Understand and stay up to date on U.S. and international laws and regulations related to platforms and have the ability to explain complex legal issues in basic terms for the company
- Provide pragmatic day-to-day and strategic advice to minimize legal risks while advancing business goals and initiatives
- Manage internal projects, training, processes, and drive cross-functional efforts to successful completion
What We Can Expect From You:
- 3+ years relevant experience; JD from top law school; admitted to the Bar
- Proficiency in at least two of the following areas: content regulation, intellectual property, or financial regulatory frameworks
- Experience with at least one of the following areas: blockchain technology, financial technology and payments, and content licensing
- Strong legal research skills and comfort tackling new and developing areas of law in the US and internationally
- Comfortable handling chaos and ability to thrive in a team environment
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Enthusiasm and passion for technology, law, and business
- Eagerness and drive to continue learning
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].