Product Counsel Director - Specialty at CNA
CNA has an excellent opportunity for a Product Counsel Director to join our Product Development team. Our ideal candidate will possess a J.D. and have strong commercial insurance technical knowledge from work experience in product development and/or claim coverage in the following areas:
- Directors & Officers Liability
- Fiduciary Liability
- FI Errors and Omissions Liability
- Media/Tech Liability
- Employment Practices Liability
- Professional Liability
- Cyber Liability
- Excess Liability
- Program Management
Develop, draft and deliver concise and clear contract language to meet market demand and support corporate underwriting appetite while safeguarding financial assets. Create and develop new solutions and strategies to execute underwriting strategy efficiently and compliantly, supporting Financial Institutions Liability, Management Liability and Cyber Liability business partners. Disseminating legal information to underwriting, claims and other management teams on legal developments that impact dedicated Specialty lines of business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop, revise, and maintain policy forms and endorsements for identified Specialty product lines. Responsible for overseeing the product through its lifecycle to meet the demands of the market, regulatory environment and business partners.
2. Drive strategic direction of underwriting leadership by successful product development ensuring legal and regulatory compliance with end product.
3. Monitor, evaluate and advise business areas regarding judicial, legislative and regulatory activity and industry developments identifying, escalating and disseminating emerging issues that may impact product lines.
4. Report regularly to senior management on status of product lifecycle, recognizing inefficiencies and providing process solutions.
5. Assist business partners with coverage strategy and portfolio management, communicate and collaborate with Legal, Claims, Underwriting and Actuarial.
6. Deliver and coordinate learning and development opportunities for underwriting to further technical coverage knowledge and product use.
7. Respond to business requests, including coverage questions, compliance inquiries, product analysis and communications review for accuracy and ensuring alignment to strategies.
8. Establish and maintain strong collaborative relationships with internal and external customers.
9. Create and develop new solutions and strategies to execute underwriting strategy for new products and business opportunities efficiently and compliantly.
10. Assume managerial and administrative functions as delegated.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
AVP or above.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
1. Exceptional technical knowledge of insurance business including product development, underwriting, claim, legal, and regulatory issues for admitted and non-admitted forms in above identified lines of business.
2. Ability to resolve short term problems while supporting long-term objectives.
3. Excellent written and oral communications skills as well as strong organizational and project management skills.
4. Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment with a strong focus on teamwork.
5. Proven record of working independently, managing competing priorities, meeting deadlines and adding value.
6. Demonstrated record of collaborative relationships with customers, subordinates, senior management and external business partners. Prior management experience a plus.
7. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Adobe and other business related software systems.
8. Detail and execution oriented.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's degree with J.D.
2. Minimum of five to seven years related work experience in commercial specialty lines drafting, underwriting and/or insurance claims.
Owned by Loews Corporation, CNA is one of the country's largest writers of commercial insurance, providing protection to more than 1 million businesses and professionals in the U.S. and internationally. We offer unique expertise for the businesses and industries we serve, providing quality products and dependable services that help prevent and minimize loss. Our focus on providing solutions and inspiring trust differentiates us from other companies and supports long-term relationships. Our commitment to diversity enables us to serve a broad range of customers while supporting our communities through charitable contributions and employee volunteerism.