Product and Privacy Counsel Job Description
Moveworks is looking for a Product & Privacy Counsel to provide legal advice to Moveworks’ product management, engineering and machine learning teams. This role will be bring legal expertise in-house critical to focus on supporting a rapidly growing team of engineers who are tackling complex issues related to bringing conversational AI to the enterprise. You will be primarily responsible for providing guidance on compliance with a range of issues related to machine learning, artificial intelligence, privacy and security and all of the laws, regulations and industry standards that apply to Moveworks product. You will have a deep understanding of the technical capabilities of Moveworks leading-edge technology and product roadmap and work closely with product and engineering leaders and offer advice on product initiatives and related matters.
If you are looking for a high-impact, fast-moving role to take your work to the next level, we should have a conversation.
Who we are:
Moveworks is revolutionizing how companies support their employees — with the first AI platform that makes getting help at work effortless. Using advanced conversational AI built for the enterprise, Moveworks gives employees exactly what they need, from IT support to HR help to policy information. Our platform allows customers like DocuSign, Broadcom, and Western Digital to move forward on what matters.Founded in 2016, Moveworks has raised $315 million in funding, at a valuation of $2.1 billion. We’ve been named to the Forbes AI 50 list for three consecutive years, while earning recognition as the Best Chatbot Solution at the 2021 AI Breakthrough Awards. Above all, we’ve built an AI company that puts people first, which is why both Inc. and the San Francisco Business Times called Moveworks one of the Best Workplaces of 2021.
Come join one of the fastest-growing teams on the planet!
What will you do?:
- Provide strategic and tactical advice to the product and engineering organizations to minimize legal risks while advancing business interests.
- Build out and support an overall privacy compliance framework that scales with the company.
- Advise product and engineering teams throughout the product development lifecycle, from initial idea to launch, on a broad range of compliance issues including cutting edge legal issues related to artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Research, analyze, advise, train, and provide legal direction to internal stakeholders on legal, regulatory, and compliance issues.
- Draft and update form agreements regarding products and services, and negotiate product, privacy and security related changes to customer contracts, including DPAs
- Leverage your experience to drive best practices for the legal function
What do you bring to the table?:
- A California Bar Membership
- 6+ years of product counsel experience (AI and machine learning related experience is a plus)
- A proven understanding of global privacy and data protection law and trends
- Ability to internalize the business's priorities, think creatively, exercise judgment, and translate legal requirements into practical business advice
- a basic understanding of software engineering, and an ability to quickly learn new technology concepts
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally.