Paralegal at Coalition (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:18 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, May 11, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Coalition is the leading provider of cyber insurance and security, combining comprehensive insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help businesses manage and mitigate cyber risk. Coalition’s unique product offerings combine best-in-class insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help keep businesses safe. Cyber losses cost the global economy upwards of $1.5 trillion each year, and yet the majority of businesses are under-insured and under-prepared to manage and mitigate the risks of an increasingly digital world. Coalition is addressing this gap by providing no-cost cybersecurity tools to prevent losses, security and incident response services to contain them, and comprehensive cyber insurance to help organizations recover. We have over 25,000 customers, ranging from small and mid-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has raised $300M from a number of top tier global investment firms including Index Ventures, General Atlantic, Ribbit Capital, Greenoaks Capital, Valor Equity Partners, Felicis Ventures, and Vy Capital. Headquartered in San Francisco, Coalition’s team is distributed across more than 15 locations globally in the US, Canada, UK, Portugal, and Switzerland. If you enjoy solving problems at scale (with lots riding on it), we hope you'll consider joining us.
About The Role
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Paralegal to support our Legal team and the growth of our business, which exists at the intersection of the insurance and cybersecurity industries. This individual will be responsible for research projects, project management and maintaining legal documents and records, including contracts, licenses, and other critical documents for our global operations. A successful candidate must be open to the fast-paced nature of a start-up, possess outstanding communication and teamwork skills, anticipate and be able to deliver on the sometimes urgent needs of our internal stakeholders, plus have experience managing a wide range of projects. This position will report to our Senior Counsel, and must be adept at working in a remote environment.
- Assist the Legal Team in their day-to-day activities, including document and data/records management, research, and other legal support
- Assist in implementing and maintaining our contract management system
- Monitor and maintain legal and privacy mailboxes, and help prioritize and respond to internal and external legal inquiries
- Monitor our 3rd party licensing vendor and ensure compliance with any licensing requirements
- Perform federal, state, and other jurisdictional research using legal research tools and public information databases
- Support the Legal Team with drafting correspondence, contracts, and other legal documents at the direction of attorneys
- Develop and maintain an internal research database and ensure research pertinent to Coalition’s business remains current
- Support the Legal Team in creating, implementing, and maintaining corporate policies, procedures, training, and other compliance testing, measures, and controls
- Support the Legal Team in third-party examinations and audits
- Perform other duties as assigned in response to changing business conditions and/or requirements
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree is required, paralegal certification is a plus
- At least one year of experience working in a start-up environment and/or fast-paced environment
- 3+ years of professional experience as a paralegal
- 1+ years of experience working in a highly regulated space (e.g., Insurance, Finance) is a plus
- Experience drafting contracts or agreements and using a contract database is preferred
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, meet deadlines, follow through on projects in a timely manner, and adapt to a fast-based and changing environment
- Strong attention to detail, proof-reading skills, and problem-solving capabilities
- Superior follow-up and organizational skills; and the ability to work as part of a team
- Strong negotiating skills in both legal and financial/commercial matters
- Shows initiative and is willing to take ownership of projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition Closes $205 Million Series E, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider At More Than $3.5 Billion
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
More Information on Coalition
Coalition operates in the Cybersecurity industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Coalition was founded in 2017. It has 618 total employees. To see all jobs at Coalition, click here.
Read Full Job Description