Paralegal at Powin
We’re Building the Future! Ever want to do hard work that will make a REAL difference in the world? Do you want to solve some of the most difficult problems with a team of exceptional players at a company that does not believe in impossible?
ABOUT THE COMPANY -
Powin Energy is a leading producer of utility scale modular battery energy storage system (complete with a patented, advanced, cloud-based monitoring/control system). That means we build power plants out of batteries that put coal and gas generators out of business and enable sustainable viability for renewable energy sources like solar and wind.
Powin is, and will continue to be, one of a handful of companies that will provide the equipment necessary to make this happen. Powin has distinct competitive advantages: cost-effectiveness; reliability; scalability; deploy-ability; and operational sophistication. Every day we work to ensure that we maintain these competitive advantages and our position as a global leader in providing turnkey, battery energy storage solutions for utility-scale, commercial and industrial, and microgrid applications.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY –
The Paralegal role is responsible for providing paralegal and administrative support of Powin’s legal team with limited supervision. This role will facilitate various tasks such as preparing and finalizing documents, managing files and data while interacting with various internal and external parties. This role is expected to operate with the highest level of professional conduct and confidentiality.
- Prepare legal documents including commercial contract agreements, corporate governance, regulatory filings and registrations.
- Assist and support Powin’s legal team with research and due diligence
- Communicate professionally with vendors, partners, employees, and customers on a regular basis.
- Work to maximize digital processes for managing files and agreements wherever possible.
- Research corporate legal issues, regulations, and laws with an interest and focus on application within the Renewables and Energy industry.
- Coordinate plans and recommendations with internal and external parties to ensure that business activities and recordkeeping are in order and compliant.
- Report back to attorney on case status, pending legal issues, and any issues that arise in the course of business.
- Adhere to the principles of company confidentiality and ensure proprietary and confidential information is properly stored and secured on behalf of the legal team.
- Provide Notary support.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; preferably in legal and/or relevant energy and construction related fields
- 3+ years demonstrated experience as a paralegal or legal clerk
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and exercise discretion and independent judgement
- Familiarity with various tools for document management and digital signature where applicable (e.g. DocuSign, Adobe, Word, etc.)
- Experience with high volume organizations and navigating competing deadlines required
- Experience managing deal closing, exhibit tracking, drafting of commercial documents
- Organizing case files and managing litigation or other adversarial matters
- Maintaining and updating standard contracting templates
- Registered Notary Public, or able to be registered as a Notary
Be a part of the future by making a difference with Powin!