Paralegal, Corporate Contracts at Carvana (Phoenix, AZ)
PARALEGAL, CORPORATE CONTRACTS
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and everyday we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of the story? Check out our background here.
About the team and position
Carvana is looking for a talented individual to join our team as a Paralegal, Corporate Contracts. With the help of the Legal team, you will be responsible for the review, analysis, and negotiation of Carvana’s commercial contracts. You will also be responsible for maintaining and updating Carvana’s contract management system and monitoring the lifespan of the company’s commercial agreements. You must be an effective communicator, because you will regularly interact with both internal and external stakeholders.
What you’ll be doing
- Drafting, reviewing, editing, and negotiating a broad range of commercial contracts (e.g., confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, MSAs, SOWs, consulting agreements, etc.)
- Providing guidance to internal clients on contractual and business issues.
- Managing and monitoring the lifespans of the company’s contracts from intake to renewal or termination.
- Monitoring and maintaining the company’s contract and vendor management systems.
- Identifying and implementing opportunities for automation and improvements in the company’s contract preparation, approval, and management procedures.
- Ensuring all contracts are executed in accordance with the company’s policies.
- Developing strong collaborative working relationships with members of the Legal Department, as well as other internal stakeholders.
- Assisting the Legal team’s leaders with projects, as needed.
What you should know/have
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Paralegal Certificate (preferred).
- 2+years of work experience in a role requiring complex analysis.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to maintain highly detailed records.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills necessary to interface with individuals from various departments.
- Highly analytical, with an ability to identify important issues within commercial contracts and propose solutions to such issues.
- Effective communicator, both verbal and written. Must have the ability to comprehend and revise intricate contractual language.
- The organizational ability to maintain and monitor the company’s contract and vendor management systems and the self-initiation to propose and implement new and improved contract management procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Enthusiasm, energy, and motivation to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing company where roles continually adapt as the company evolves.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more..
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.