Legal Policy Specialist, Intellectual Property at Reddit
Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 50 million daily active people, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
We are looking for a Legal Policy Specialist to join the intellectual property arm of our team. As a Legal Policy Specialist, you will uphold our values while balancing the creativity of our users and the regulatory pressures of rapid expansion to international markets. You will provide high-quality and efficient support to both users and rights holders on complex trademark and copyright issues, scale operations and develop policy and workflows in these areas to support Reddit’s continued international growth.
What You’ll Do:
- Review and process intellectual property requests with high efficiency and accuracy, including trademark, copyright, and counterfeit. You may occasionally be exposed to graphic or offensive content
- Design and update internal processes and workflows that scale our operations, increase transparency, and help mitigate risk in these areas
- Create and update process and policy documentation, including policy enforcement guidelines and frontline review training materials
- Develop educational materials to improve both internal and external customer experience
- Establish partnerships and collaborate with key stakeholders across different teams to educate, influence, and align on processes and policies
- As needed, provide coverage and support for urgent legal requests, including emergency requests from law enforcement/government agencies (e.g. Emergency Disclosure Requests)
What We’re Looking For:
- 2+ years directly relevant work experience, specifically handling trademark and copyright requests
- Self-starter with the ability to manage a variety of tasks and projects independently
- Problem solver with superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for advancing free expression and protecting user privacy in balance with manageable risk
- Connection to our mission of bringing community and belonging to everyone in the world
- Additional language expertise a plus (e.g. Japanese, Spanish, Portuguese)
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].