Legal Operations - Contracts Manager at Helix
You + Helix
Helix is a place where innovators and doers gather in order to drive significant progress in population genomics. We have come together to work at the intersection of clinical care, research, and genomics.
If you’re excited by the idea of making a meaningful impact and joining a team where we pride ourselves on driving innovation through fostering an environment with an emphasis on empowering one another to grow, Helix might be the place for you!
Helix + The World
Our end-to-end population genomics platform enables health systems, life sciences companies, and payers to advance genomic research and accelerate the integration of genomic data into routine clinical care. We support all aspects of population genomics from recruitment to translational research and help our partners use genomics to improve health outcomes, increase patient engagement, and lower costs. Leading health systems, including Renown Health, AdventHealth, and Mayo Clinic, use our population genomics platform to power some of the world’s largest and fastest-growing population genomics initiatives.
For the COVID-19 public health crisis, Helix has built one of the nation’s largest COVID diagnostic labs and has been on the leading edge of national viral surveillance efforts tracking B.1.1.7 and other viral strains.
You will join a small, passionate Legal team serving a variety of clients across a dynamic and growing company in an energizing environment. You will play an essential role in managing contracts and general corporate matters, operationalizing and refining workflows, and contributing significantly to the Legal team’s level of client service and valued partnership with the business. As Legal Operations - Contracts Manager at Helix, you will:
- Manage and identify initiatives to make the Legal team more organized and efficient, including leading or assisting the Legal team’s efforts in the preparation, implementation and refinement of forms, processes and procedure
- Manage the contract life cycle, including overseeing the contracts management system, and interacting with internal and external stakeholders for contract processing, negotiation, approvals, execution, and archiving
- Draft, update and maintain templates, playbooks and alternate provisions
- Assist with negotiations of NDAs, services agreements and other vendor relationships
- Coordinate legal holds and manage the document retention policy
- Handle preparation and filing of corporate permits and licenses, including tracking key dates
- Coordinate other legal and administrative matters with business groups and outside counsel
- Perform other special assignments, research queries, and strategic cross-functional projects and coordination
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- At least 4 years of experience as a paralegal, legal assistant, or contracts manager in a law firm and/or in-house environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Suite, and handling contract management systems (Ironclad familiarity is a plus)
- Familiarity with a wide variety of agreements, including NDAs, master services agreements, consulting agreements, and other commercial contracts
Ideal candidate will have:
- High level of professionalism and motivation, and be able work individually and as part of a team in a fast-paced, rapidly changing startup environment
- Ability to take initiative to identify and complete tasks
- Ability to manage multiple projects with rapidly changing priorities
- Demonstrated capacity and passion for organization and efficiency
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills
What Helix has to offer you:
Aside from working alongside brilliant, dedicated, passionate, down-to-earth, curious, warm, and thoughtful people, we also provide great benefits:
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful equity
- Health insurance, including medical, dental, and vision
- 12 weeks of Maternity or Paternity leave
- 4 weeks of paid Pregnancy Disability
- 401(k) with employer matching
- On-premise nursing room
- Flexible PTO
Helix is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.