BlueVine is a high-growth fintech company empowering small businesses with innovative banking designed for their needs. We combine industry-leading technology and security with our team's expertise and care to provide best-in-class financing and lending products to power business growth at every stage of the journey. To date, we've supported over 87,000 small business owners with our core financial service products and more than 300,000 small business owners through the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP).
Headquartered in Redwood City, CA, BlueVine has raised $102.5M and is backed by top investors, including Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, Citi Ventures, SVB Financial, Nationwide Insurance, and M12. For more information, check out our LinkedIn Page.
Small businesses deserve accessible and modern financial services, and traditional banks have underserved them for too long. Join us as we build a brighter financial future for small businesses.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As BlueVine’s lead Marketing, Brand, and IP counsel, you will be the primary legal counsel to BlueVine’s marketing and communications initiatives, as well as brand and IP protection. You will provide advice and counsel on all BlueVine brand, product marketing, and related activities, including communications, marketing and advertising material, learning material, partnerships, sweepstakes and contests, and surveys. You may also help negotiate related partner agreements and releases. You will report to BlueVine’s Director of Regulatory and Product Legal, and partner with the marketing and communications team and legal colleagues to market BlueVine’s products and services, while managing legal, regulatory, and compliance risk.
This is not a fully remote role. At BlueVine, we pride ourselves on our collaborative culture, which we believe is best maintained through in-person interactions and a vibrant office environment. All of our offices will reopen in accordance with local guidelines, and will follow a hybrid model.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Review marketing, promotional, advertising, partner, customer communication, and brand-related material to analyze and manage legal and regulatory risk and compliance
- Work creatively and collaboratively to sync legal and regulatory requirements with marketing goals while reviewing and overseeing marketing collateral
- Advise on applicable laws, disclosure requirements, and regulations regarding marketing, advertisement, sweepstakes, brand protection, disclosure, and IP (including licensing and registration)
- Synthesize legal regulatory and risk advice into guidance for creative innovators
- Draft, negotiate, and interpret agreements relating to marketing partners, vendors, influencers, promotions, or other related areas
- Educate stakeholders and team on relevant and evolving industry, disclosure, IP, advertising, disclosure, and privacy laws, risks, and regulations
- Remain up-to-speed on the company’s suite of products and services, as well as customer agreements, policies, and disclosures
- Make a meaningful contribution to the company's expanding set of products, services, and marketing campaigns while maintaining a can-do attitude and sense of humor
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- J.D. degree with strong academic credentials and CA, NY, or NJ state bar membership in good standing
- Minimum 3-4 years of relevant law firm or in-house legal experience
- Marketing, brand protection, and IP experience required
- General understanding or experience with financial products preferred
- Superior analytical, drafting, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively and independently with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Benefits & Perks:
- Receive over $1,000 annually for a wellness benefit of your choice
- Monthly WFH Stipend
- Generous PTO and holidays
- Excellent health coverage and life insurance benefits
- Generous, paid parental leave which covers up to 15 weeks
- 401K with an immediate 3% company match
Once We Return to Office:
- Free commuter benefits - CalTrain passes for SF employees and a monthly parking allowance
- Weekly catered lunches
- Unlimited snacks in fully stocked kitchens
- Pet-friendly HQ
Read what candidates and employees have to say about us. Check out our Glassdoor Page.