Founded in 2017, Coalition combines cybersecurity and insurance to help organizations prevent digital risk before it strikes. Coalition’s Active Insurance policies combine traditional coverage with a digital risk assessment and monitoring technology to help small and medium-sized businesses protect themselves in today’s hyper-connected world.
The team at Coalition is made up of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well as insurance industry veterans. Our secret sauce is bringing this expertise together to create a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Coalition is also backed by leading global insurers like Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re, and Zurich North America, Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtech serving over 160,000 customers.
In June 2022, Coalition closed an additional $250 million in Series F Funding to accelerate its rapid growth at a time when many other companies struggled to find funding. This latest funding validated that Coalition is building a long-term business that can deliver profitable growth with a clear strategic advantage.
Coalition has experienced tremendous growth by helping organizations of all sizes solve real-world problems and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity, and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2021 and one of Fast Company’s most innovative companies for 2022.
About The Role
We are seeking an experienced Legal Counsel to join our Legal team and to help assist the growth of our business which exists at the intersection of the insurance and cybersecurity industries. This role will be primarily accountable for assisting Coalition’s marketing, investor relations and public relations teams, as well as assisting with general corporate and contract matters.
A successful candidate will have outstanding communication experience, experience guiding multiple priorities, a strong sense of collaboration and teamwork, and will anticipate and deliver on the needs of a business. This candidate must be practiced at working in a remote environment.
- Provide practical and timely legal guidance and assistance to Coalition’s marketing, investor relations and public relations staff in the US and internationally
- Advise and counsel on all issues related to global marketing programs in all media and formats
- Identify and advise on commercial and legal risks related to various marketing involving Coalition’s core products and services
- Review and comment on marketing copy, public relations and media announcements, and draft releases in affiliation with same
- Draft, negotiate, and review a broad range of marketing agreements
- Partner with the marketing team on the review of various types of marketing materials and content to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations, including insurance regulatory requirements and applicable fair trade practices laws
- Draft and maintain internal legal marketing guides and playbooks
- Maintain knowledge of legal and policy developments and trends in the area of insurance marketing and advertising in all jurisdictions in which the company operates
- Works collaboratively with legal team members to assist team goals
Skills and Qualifications
- 5-8 years of relevant marketing or advertising law experience, with direct experience in the insurance industry preferable
- Juris Doctor degree from top tier accredited law school and current member, in good standing, with a US state bar
- Knowledge of marketing law, advertising law, consumer protection regulations, copyright law, and right of publicity issues
- Excellent legal and business judgment; comfortable tackling unfamiliar issues or problems
- Aptitude to work proactively, multi-task, meet goals, and effectively navigate a remote working environment
- Successful track record in answering effectively to customer requests, follow through on projects in a timely manner, and adapt to a fast-based and changing environment
- Strong attention to detail and critical thinking.
- Excellent follow-up and organizational experience; and the aptitude to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Strong negotiating experience in both legal and financial/commercial matters
- Shows initiative and is willing to take ownership of projects
- Excellent oral and written communication experience
We’re a highly fulfilling, mission-driven team that is committed to building a more diverse and inclusive culture. We want to work with people of all different backgrounds and paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership, and put in the work, no matter how small the task. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive, and dedicated individuals to join #OurCoalition and help us on our mission to solve digital risk.
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
Coalition Named to Fast Company’s Annual List of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022
Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, or status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
More Information on Coalition
Coalition operates in the Cybersecurity industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Coalition was founded in 2017. It has 618 total employees. To see all 35 open jobs at Coalition, click here.
Read Full Job Description