BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in intelligent identity and access security, empowering organizations to protect identities, stop threats, and deliver dynamic access to empower and secure a work-from-anywhere world. Our integrated products and platform offer the industry's most advanced privileged access management (PAM) solution, enabling organizations to quickly shrink their attack surface across traditional, cloud and hybrid environments.
Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.
We're looking for a Legal Counsel - Employment & Immigration who can take ownership of BeyondTrust's global visa, immigration and Professional Employer Organisation (PEO) program and to support internal counsel with the management of employment law related queries. You will be the main point of communication between impacted foreign national employees and internal stakeholders and you will effectively nurture and manage global PEO relationships ensuring sound administration and delivery of an excellent employee experience. You will liaise with outside counsel to track and report on impacted foreign national population and will keep abreast of immigration developments which may impact the company. This role involves working closely with the Human Resource Department and other teams to identify and manage legal risk. Experience working in-house within a global commercial environment is desirable.
What you will do:
- Provide legal resource to the global HR team and advise the wider business on matters such as:
- acting as main point of contact for all corporate immigration activities, including coordinating communication between employees and external counsel; maintaining all immigration files and documentation; ensuring all immigration documentation is processed timely and tracked for expiration; and providing support to candidates and employees on immigration requests including relocation;
- managing the company’s PEO relationships to facilitate work arrangements in domestic and international jurisdictions where the company does not have an entity or is not legally permitted to pay employees directly;
- coordinating new hire and internal transfer immigration cases with internal and external counsel and PEOs as appropriate;
- educating managers, recruiters and business partners on immigration policies and processes including assisting in the creation and implementation of internal policies and procedures;
- drafting, reviewing and advising on agreements with consultants, contractors and recruitment agencies as required; and
- assisting internal counsel with general employment queries such as employee disputes and onboarding/offboarding queries.
Who you are?
- Qualified solicitor or barrister with a valid practicing certificate.
- At least 1-year post-qualification employment law experience within a fast-paced global commercial environment (technology sector an advantage).
- Experience of advising on global employment and immigration issues including immigration best practices for multinational corporations.
- Knowledge of employment-based immigration practices within the US and abroad (particularly H-1B, L Visas and permanent residency sponsorship).
- Management of PEOs either as an employee of a PEO or experience working with PEOs for a company.
- Well organized, detail oriented with a positive attitude and ability to work under pressure to prioritise and meet competing deadlines.
- Strong relationship-building skills and excellent interpersonal, influencing and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to translate complex legal issues to a wide range of colleagues.
- Excellent analytical, judgement and decision-making skills.
- Team player with excellent negotiation, writing and communication skills.
- Self-starter with a sense of humour.
Put your wellbeing first with our amazing benefits package:
- 25 days’ holiday which increases with length of service
- Vitality Private Healthcare for you and family
- Medicash Benefit (including Dental cover)
- Life Insurance (4x annual salary)
- Income Protection if you are unable to work due to ill health
- Paid parental leave
- Sabbatical leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Co-investing opportunity
Why join BeyondTrust?
A healthy and motivated workforce goes hand-in-hand with the success of the company and the happiness of our customers. So why wouldn’t we give you the flexibility, perks and career confidence that you need to get the job done?
As a member of the BT Team we trust and empower you to be the best version of yourself whether that means working in your favourite superhero costume from home or solving complex problems whilst feeding the kids porridge!
We want you to feel at home in the BT family. That means diversity and inclusion isn’t just a policy to us. We recognise amazing talent doesn’t come in “one size fits all”. Our team collaboration extends from Singapore to Nova Scotia and everywhere in between with inspiring women in leadership roles everywhere you look.
We also want to give you the opportunity to constantly evolve (shout out to the Pokémon fans). If you want to learn a new skill or improve the way the team works, your voice will be heard. Hackathons and self-improvement workshops are always there for you to get involved in. Progression routes are clear for those who want it, so don’t expect to be in the same position 2 years from now.
Are you ready to take your career above and beyond?
Thanks for reading