Our mission is to simplify and democratize the path to financial security for everyone. For too long, access to high-quality single family real estate has been reserved for the ultra-wealthy; leaving out everyday individuals from participating in the #1 source of American wealth.
We’ve designed a full-stack, vertically integrated model that aligns incentives with stakeholders and offers a seamless way to own high-yield rental homes entirely online. As we succeed together, we will play a key role in closing the wealth gap.
Doorvest has raised almost $20m from founders/execs at top fintech companies such as Invitation Homes, Wealthfront, Sundae Homes, Opendoor and many others.
As Legal Manager, you will review, draft, and negotiate a high volume of strategic partnership, technology, financial services and other contracts in a fast-paced environment with dynamic priorities and goals. Contracts include agreements for marketing partnerships, financial services partnerships, and other agreements for a rapidly growing consumer fintech company.
What You'll Do
- Reporting to the Head of Legal working in close partnership with senior executive leadership to provide legal support and guidance to business teams and executive team members on deal structuring, negotiation, and ongoing relationship management
- Serve as lead lawyer negotiating a variety of contracts with strategic partners and vendors
- Oversee contracts administration staff and coordinate with procurement and purchasing teams
- Review/oversee dispute responses, including providing dedicated negotiation/dispute resolution support for key matters, as well as coordinate with outside counsel to resolve litigation matters
- Support business on strategic transactions and special projects; including credit facility negotiation; equity financing rounds
- Assist in building out legal team as company grows
Experience and qualifications
- 4+ years experience practicing corporate law in a firm or in-house
- An active license to practice law in at least one US state
- Strong communication and negotiating skills; comfortable guiding management team members and senior executives
- Exceptionally organized and prepared to work in a fast-paced, expanding and dynamic corporate environment
- Excel at collaborating across departments and levels to develop consumer-centric, creative, proactive business solutions in a complex legal and regulatory environment
- Able to work effectively on your own and as part of a team
- Able to manage multiple tasks, including transactional work and strategic projects, and set priorities and meet deadlines
- Uphold high ethical and corporate standards
- Be action-oriented
- Experience coordinating and monitoring external counsel
Compensation: $120,000 + Equity
As an early team member, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a scrappy, close knit team in an energetic environment. We believe this role is mission critical and will be offering substantial equity.
What we're able to offer
- Opportunity to have an incredible impact and build a venture-backed startup from the ground up
- Substantial ownership in the company you’re building
- Competitive salary
- 401k plan with 5% match
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Various physical, mental, & financial wellness perks
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Doorvest. Doorvest is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.