Junior Legal Operations Coordinator at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to be a key teammate to the legal operations team. You will be an active contributor to the legal operations team by embracing the values of Coinbase to ensure that the legal department is set up operationally to succeed through close coordination across all teams and standardized processes for efficient execution. You will help support the company across a broad set of legal matters affecting the world’s most trusted digital currency business.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Assist team with new vendor, new hire, and contractor onboarding.
- Submit and track purchase requests for department expenses.
- Provide first level review of outside counsel invoices in e-billing system.
- Maintain list of users for department subscriptions.
- Provision software tool access to team members.
- Assist legal operations with operational matters supporting various practice areas.
- Support teams with other projects or tasks on an as-needed basis.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 2 years of relevant experience at a comparable in-house practice and with exposure to high growth technology companies.
- Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to execute under pressure and within tight timelines while juggling multiple projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including both oral and written.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves (no job too big, no job too small).
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with Adobe Pro, DocuSign, Google Workspace, Office 365, and Slack.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.