Insurance Coverage Counsel at NEXT
Next Insurance is a fast-growing startup based in Silicon Valley that is led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs with a history of successful outcomes. Our mission is to transform insurance for small businesses by combining world-class technology and phenomenal customer service to offer better insurance at a lower price. As the leading digital insurtech company transforming small business insurance, we just announced a $250 million new funding round, bringing the company’s valuation to $4 billion and total funding raised to more than $880 million!
Next Insurance is looking for explorers who are filled with curiosity, have the desire to travel the unbeaten path, and realize new heights in providing small business owners with the peace of mind to run their businesses. If you move fast and are customer-focused and willing to challenge the status quo, Next Insurance might just be your next journey.
We are looking for a Coverage Attorney to join our Legal team. You will join a team a legal team and work alongside claims professionals to provide coverage opinions, litigation advice, manage outside counsel, address risk, and develop and monitor metrics and trends. You’ll play a key role in scaling NEXT’s emerging legal needs with our astronomical growth.
What you’ll do:
- Conference on complex claims
- Conduct legal research
- Develop coverage opinions and legal guidance
- Assist the claims team on questions of law and interpretation
- Monitor developing changes in insurance law
- Manage and add to the legal research library
- Manage outside counsel
- Provide fast and effective work-product
- Respond with timely and actionable counsel to internal clients
- Maintain attorney/client privilege as in-house counsel
What we need:
- 4-6 years of legal experience, with a focus on insurance defense
- Experience with commercial policies, e.g., general liability, professional liability, commercial property, inland marine, commercial automobile, and workers’ compensation
- Litigation experience
- Insurance coverage experience
- Candidates must be licensed to practice law and in good standing
- BA/BS degree
- JD/Law degree
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.