Government Relations & HCM Compliance Analyst at Paylocity
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
This role will provide research and compliance guidance to ensure Paylocity's suite of HCM products comply with regulatory requirements. Our Government Relations Team monitors legislative activity across the US to ensure our products are able to assist clients in a rapidly changing regulatory environment.
The below represents the primary responsibilities of the position. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Provide Comprehensive Analysis for Regulatory related issues impacting employer compliance and reporting in multiple areas, including but not limited to federal, state and local employment laws, privacy and biometric legislation, wage and hour, paid leave, retirement, DEI, and benefit plans
- Stay abreast of upcoming legislative and regulatory changes that impact our industry, products and services by monitoring subscription services, monitoring agency websites and involvement in industry groups
- Provide Industry Impact and Risk Analysis related to new or changed regulations that impact products and services offered by Paylocity
- Assist with internal compliance research requests and review relevant ordinances, regulations, legislation and case law to help resolve issue and/or mitigate risk
- Participate in Industry Agency Relations groups (i.e., IRS RAF Team, NPRC, ECFC, NAHU, American Benefits Council, etc.)
- Establish, enhance and maintain relationships with various government agencies, industry stakeholders and internal partners
- Provide subject matter expertise in employment law and HR compliance
- Communicate feature enhancements to Product Development Teams around Payroll and HCM processing
- Prepare communications to help internal and external stakeholders understand legislative changes
- Work with cross-functional teams across the organization to assist with execution of changes required by legislative changes
- Approximately 15% travel required
- Other related responsibilities at the discretion of management
- Degree in Law or Human Resources Management or other industry-related degree preferred, or
- Minimum of 3+ years of previous experience in employment law compliance or related field.
- Ability to work in fast paced yet detailed environment
- Experience in a high-volume department or high-growth environment a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Effective research skills and problem-solving ability
- High level of integrity
- Must be adaptable with ability to work independently and in a team environment
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of the work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.