Who We Are
Verkada is the leading physical security platform to protect people, assets and privacy. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s five product lines - video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management - provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 8,700 organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation.
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. We have a complete line of modern physical security products including video, access control, environmental sensors, and alarms. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
Our General Counsel is an exceptional lawyer and senior executive that will help manage our growth as a private and eventually public company. You have at least two years of operating experience as General Counsel / Chief Legal Officer or direct report to the GC of a high caliber public company. You have the background and experience to act as a strategic partner and business advisor to the CEO, CFO, and the Board of Directors, as well as the technical depth and leadership experience to run Verkada’s legal function. You must be able to recruit a world class legal team.
This position reports directly to the CEO.
- Set the overall philosophy and strategy of the organization regarding all legal matters and ensure that all practices, policies, business activities and decisions are consistent with Company’s values and culture.
- Serve as the key lawyer/legal advisor on all major business transactions and litigation strategy.
- Build out world class legal teams in key areas including privacy, product, commercial transactions, IP, compliance, litigation, employment, and international operations.
- Counsel the Company and Board of Directors with regards to governance and regulatory requirements in the US and internationally.
- When the time comes, help the Company and its advisors prepare for becoming and operating as a public company.
- Able to think and act as both a business executive and an attorney.
- High academic achievement from a leading undergraduate university and a top-tier law school.
- 2 years of operating experience as a GC or in a leadership role on the the legal team of a high caliber public company.
- First principles thinking: we approach every problem with the question “What is the right answer for us?" not just "What do other people do?”
- Ownership mentality: we sweat the details, we work incredibly hard, we drive things to the very end.
- Flexibility: you are comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment that will require you to manage competing priorities, pivot quickly and often, and continually build as the company scales.
- Experience in the technology industry is useful but not required.
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
US Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Verkada requires the successful completion of a background check, including a criminal record check, as a condition of employment.