General Counsel at Quartet Health
Quartet is a platform that makes it easier for people to get the best mental health care for them. Our technology and services reach people who need care, connect them to the right care, track the quality of their care, and support their care journeys. Backed by $160.5MM in venture funding from top investors like Oak HC/FT, GV (formerly Google Ventures), F-Prime Capital Partners, Polaris Partners, Deerfield Management, Centene Corporation, and Echo Health Ventures, Quartet partners with health insurance plans and health systems in 32 states across the country to help people get the care they need.
We are deeply committed to growing a diverse team and an equitable and inclusive culture where all Quartetians are empowered to be themselves and do their best work. We know this is vital in realizing our mission to improve the lives of people with mental health conditions. As part of our commitment to building a diverse team, we have signed the Parity Pledge and actively encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply.
About the team & Opportunity:
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic leader to serve as legal expert and in-house counsel for a wide range of legal areas, including software license agreements, technology contracts, hospital agreements, health insurance contracts, privacy related marketing materials, employment law and regulatory compliance. As part of the leadership team, you will advise other Quartet leaders on risk and risk mitigation related to a wide range of areas including new product features, mergers and acquisitions, new partnerships and markets. You will work directly with a variety of departments across the company, particularly operations, product and marketing, serving as counsel on strategic projects.
Our ideal candidate is relentlessly curious, self-motivated, deliberately open-minded, and an action-oriented generalist who can design effective legal advice, internal policies, and operational processes while employing an empathetic interpersonal style. If you enjoy solving novel and challenging problems at the intersection of healthcare and technology and building strong teams and relationships while doing it, we’d love to hear from you!
- Provide practical counsel to product, engineering, marketing, HR and clinical teams on privacy, regulatory, and employment law issues related to new and existing products.
- Act as in-house expert on regulations and industry guidelines applicable to mobile, social media, and traditional marketing, including HIPAA, CAN-SPAM, COPPA, TCPA and CCPA.
- Design, implement, and iterate on policies, processes, and procedures to manage legal and business risks in healthcare, emerging technology and employment law on a national scale.
- Create systems, processes and tools for master tracking of all key contract terms, training materials, forms, processes and templates to support the business.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements, including master services agreements, consultant agreements, vendor agreements, business associate and non-disclosure agreements with our Sales teams to close revenue deals.
- A JD and member of a state bar in good standing.
- Deep experience in the clinical healthcare industry, specifically with provider models.
- At least 8+ years experience in commercial contracts, technology, healthcare law, privacy and employment law working in a health insurance, health system, healthcare focused federal or state government agency, technology company or other healthcare company.
- Experience acting as key advisor on regulatory healthcare compliance matters
- Passion for partnering with business teams to make an impact and managing a legal team.
- Experience with legal issues related to AI/machine learning in emerging techno
Employee Benefits for Quartet include: Unlimited vacation, volunteer opportunities, team events, mental healthcare coverage of 15 free therapy sessions + unlimited copay reimbursements, medical, dental + vision coverage, generous parental and military leave, commuter benefits, 401K, and stock option grants.
Want to know what Quartet life is like? Click here to meet our team.
Quartet actively encourages applicants of all backgrounds to apply and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential job duties - reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. If you require assistance in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected]
Have someone to refer? Email [email protected] to submit their details to us.