CNA is one of the largest Commercial insurance companies in the country, headquartered in Chicago with offices across the USA. Globally CNA has over 6,000 employees worldwide and the ability to underwrite and offer our products in over 200 countries.
CNA offers competitive salaries and annual bonuses, paid time off (minimum of 20 vacation days, 8 sick days and 10 paid company holidays for full-time employees), a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision insurance and an industry leading 401K plan with a generous automatic company contribution as well as additional matching opportunities on employee contributions.
Under supervision, the General Clerk II will support CNA legal professionals and perform administrative tasks for multiple Litigation Counsel offices. Duties may include data entry, scanning, naming and distributing time sensitive legal documents, compiling reports, calendaring, scheduling, file opening and closing, and other administrative tasks.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Accountable for identifying and processing time sensitive mail, faxes and other documents (electronic and hard copy) utilizing standard office equipment and software programs.
- Maintains files and records of documents processed.
- Collaborates with supported business to prepare and compiles reports within prescribed guidelines gathering data from a variety of sources.
- Remains externally focused when interfacing with customers, suppliers or company employees outside the immediate work area on a regular basis to provide or exchange information.
- Provides coverage to our Litigation Counsel offices throughout the country.
- Other General Clerk duties may be assigned, e.g., ad hoc reports, pro forma motions, file opening/file closing, merging /filing legal documents, scheduling etc.
Typically Supervisor or Manager
Skills Knowledge and Abilities
1. Excellent computer skills. Prior experience with computer databases, Adobe Pro, Office 365 , and other business related software.
2. Good written and verbal communication skills including professional phone etiquette.
3. Good interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate.
4. Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and act upon with a sense of urgency, based on business need.
Education and Experience
1. High School Diploma GED or equivalent experience and some additional training after high school.
2. Typically a minimum three years general clerical experience in an office environment.
3. Prior legal experience and knowledge of legal terminology is a plus.
4. Prior experience in a paperless environment is a plus.