GoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. Each month, millions of people visit goodrx.com to find reliable health information and discounts for their healthcare — and we’ve helped people save $35 billion since 2011. We provide prescription discounts that are accepted at more than 70,000 pharmacies in the U.S., as well as telehealth services including doctor visits and lab tests. Our services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, The New York Times, NBC News, AARP, and many others.
Our goal is to help Americans find convenient and affordable healthcare. We offer solutions for consumers, employers, health plans, and anyone else who shares our desire to provide affordable prescriptions to all Americans.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, those in the LGBTQ+ communities, and Veterans to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch - we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
About the Role:
We are looking for Employment Counsel to join GoodRx’s Legal team. The Employment Counsel will be instrumental in providing legal counsel in connection with all aspects of employment law and employee relations. We are looking for a forward-thinking attorney to help support our fast-growing business and build for scale. Come join us in our mission to increase access to convenient and affordable healthcare.
The Employment Counsel will report to GoodRx’s General Counsel.
· Provide advice and counsel on employment law issues including hiring, corrective action, employee separations, leave requests, accommodation requests, pay and benefits.
· Assist with drafting, interpreting, and enforcing employment, separation, non-competition, confidentiality, and consulting agreements.
· Create, conduct and implement training modules on employment-related topics, including employment law updates, corrective action best practices, and anti-discrimination policies.
· Assist with drafting and development of HR policies and procedures.
· Conduct and/or manage internal investigations.
· Defend employment related claims, including leading outside counsel in litigation, responding to administrative claims from governmental agencies and negotiating settlement demands.
· Assist in developing, implementing, improving and reviewing legal compliance projects and training.
· Review and provides input on policies, procedures and specific cases which are impacted by legislation such as FMLA, ADA, FLSA, OSHA, ERISA, state Worker’s Compensation and Employment discrimination laws. Experience with California employment laws strongly preferred.
· Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school.
· Current member in good standing of at least one state bar.
· At least 5 years of employment law experience, both counseling and litigation.
· Prior in-house experience preferred.
· Ability to make sound judgment calls under pressure
· Effective verbal and written communication skills in all interactions with senior management, corporate departments and all levels of employees.
· Great project management skills with the ability to organize, prioritize, and remain collected under pressure.
· Adaptability in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $35 billion using GoodRx and million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.