Match Group is seeking a motivated and talented Director, Sr. Counsel – M&A and Corporate to lead legal support for global M&A and other strategic transactions from the term sheet stage through closing and integration; partner with cross-functional teams to plan and execute intercompany transactions worldwide; and oversee the governance of Match Group’s global subsidiaries. This position will be based in our Dallas or New York City offices, report to our Senior Vice President, Associate General Counsel – Corporate and Securities, and have high visibility with key stakeholders across the company and a direct impact on Match Group’s success.
Match Group, through its portfolio companies, is a leading provider of digital technologies designed to help people make meaningful connections. Our global portfolio of brands includes Tinder®, Match®, Hinge®, OkCupid®, PlentyOfFish®, and more. Our services are available in over 40 languages to our users all over the world.
How you'll make an impact:
- You will partner closely with our corporate development team and lead and coordinate legal support across all stages of M&A and other strategic transactions, including structuring, drafting, reviewing and negotiating preliminary documentation and definitive agreements, conducting due diligence and risk assessment, closing, and supporting integration and post‑closing logistics.
- You will work with our tax, treasury and accounting teams to identify, plan and execute tax- and treasury-driven global subsidiary actions, including financing arrangements, entity and intercompany debt rationalizations and other restructurings, and services, licensing and transfer pricing agreements.
- You will collaborate with our tax, employment and people teams to address corporate governance matters relating to employment and contractor arrangements at our subsidiaries worldwide.
- You will oversee the work of our corporate paralegals that manage the corporate records and maintenance of our domestic and international subsidiaries, including legal entity formation, elimination, and ongoing corporate compliance.
- You will coordinate and manage outside domestic and international corporate counsel.
- You will assist with other related to day-to-day corporate governance, financing and compliance matters as needs arise.
We could be a match if:
- You have 5+ years of experience with complex corporate transactions, including 3+ years leading M&A transactions from start to close, and have comprehensive understanding of M&A structures, agreements and business and legal issues in M&A transactions.
- You have experience with international entities, including governance structures.
- You are skilled in distilling complicated problems and driving practical solutions from ideation to implementation, demonstrate grace under pressure and adept at handling and advancing multiple projects in a multi-stakeholder environment.
- You are able to negotiate, compromise, and demonstrate tact in sensitive situations, and to interact optimally with everyone from senior executives to interns across multiple geographies.
- You are a humble team player and have a great sense of humor.
- You have a J.D. degree from an accredited law school and active membership in at least one state bar.
What's the team like?
- We are adding this new role to round out our dynamic and multifaceted legal team. We operate as one team, check our titles at the door, roll up our sleeves and do whatever is required to complete the task at hand, make an impact and support our fellow team members across brands, centralized functions and administrative functions.
- We treat each other with respect and compassion, taking the time to listen and understand each other as well as our other colleagues and business partners. We believe in investing in each other, taking the time to mentor one another, and help each other find thoughtful and workable solutions. We seek to ensure that our team members can be their best authentic selves and are empowered to use their unique and diverse experiences to add value to our team and the way we approach opportunities and the problems we help the business solve.
- This new role will be integral to our efforts to grow and develop our team with the functional expertise and focus that will allow us to influence and support the vision of the overall organization and meet the needs of our business and our business partners.
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our employees too and understand the importance of all life's milestones. Here are some of the benefits we are proud to offer:
Mind & Body – Medical, mental health, and wellness benefits to support your overall health and well-being
Financial Wellness – Competitive compensation, 100% employer match on 401k contributions up to 10% (cap at $10,000), as well as an employee stock purchase program to help you feel supported in your financial security
Unplug – Generous PTO and 20 paid holidays so you can unplug
Career – Annual training allowance for professional development and ERG membership opportunities and events so you feel connected and empowered in your work
Family – Families come in all shapes and sizes so we offer 20 weeks of 100% paid parental leave, fertility, adoption, and child care resources, as well as pet insurance and discounts
WFH Stipend – Hybrid/remote work allowance to help you feel comfortable and efficient in your home office environment
Company Gatherings – We host fun happy hours and company events where our employees get to know each other and build a sense of connection and belonging!
At Match Group, we represent a collection of unique brands - but we all focus together on the health and safety of all of our employees. That's why we require that employees are fully-vaccinated when in person at any US office or company-sponsored fun. If you need to talk through this in-person vaccine requirement, our People team can work with you through our accommodations review process.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. Period.
More Information on Match Group
Match Group operates in the Other industry. The company is located in Dallas, TX. Match Group was founded in 1995. It has 2103 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 70 open jobs at Match Group, click here.
Read Full Job Description