We're looking for a talented and steadfast Director of Privacy - GTM & Trust to join our dynamic and collaborative legal team at Atlassian! You will have the opportunity to partner with all aspects of our organization to develop and implement innovative and customer-focused solutions to privacy and consumer protection issues that are impacting our customers, products, and business.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Managing and building a growing team of individuals supporting Atlassian's Go-To-Market and trust work within our department - this work includes privacy support of our regulated industries, enterprise sales, mergers, and integrations
- Providing guidance on compliance with global privacy and data security laws, regulations and industry standards. We're not looking for an academic analysis!
- Partnering with our broader business partners (engineering, product, sales, etc.) on global privacy related initiatives
- Supporting efforts to build trustworthy, data privacy-conscious products our customers love.
- Crafting scalable processes for implementation
- Engaging with the privacy legal community to understand evolving issues and to help Atlassian provide an industry-leading privacy program for our customers and internal partners.
- You've managed a team and are passionate about supporting the growth and needs of the employees who report to you
- You've built meaningful relationships with business stakeholders to strengthen the connection between our team and the business
- You've effectively navigated a decentralized and sophisticated organization spread across the globe
- You have experience establishing and driving team objectives to support broader business goals
- You have a strong understanding of software technology and cloud services, associated business models, and technology industry trends
- You're keenly aware of product, privacy and data protection issues that our users - end users, organization administrators, developers, enterprise customers, or consumers - are likely focused on when considering or using our products
- You take ownership, roll up your sleeves, and get things done.
- You think creatively beyond the "legal" box to generate possible solutions and options for the business, clearly articulating risk-based recommendations
- You effectively communicate with the business to help them understand and follow the rules and parameters imposed by laws
- Admission to one state bar, preferably California
- 7+ years practicing law
- Experience managing a team of people
- Passion to understand our customers, products, culture, and business model
- Deep knowledge of applicable privacy regulations (GDPR, CCPA, etc.)
- Extensive experience working with go-to-market teams on privacy issues
- A technical background isn't required, but a basic understanding of software engineering is a definite plus, and an ability to quickly learn new business and technology concepts is vital
More About our Ideal Candidate:
On Your First Day, We'll Expect You To Have:
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.