Director of Compliance at SALT
About the Company
SALT is the pioneer of crypto-backed lending and offers crypto-focused financial services for individuals and businesses. Our mission is to build products that increase access to financial opportunities and give people more control over their ability to generate wealth long term. Committed to fostering adoption of blockchain technology, we’re working to bridge cryptocurrency with traditional finance. With an emphasis on security and customer service, we provide the technology, infrastructure, and tools that make it easy for crypto holders, businesses, banks, and governments across the globe to participate in the blockchain economy. SALT operates a blockchain-based platform that facilitates the issuance of consumer and commercial asset-backed loans secured with cryptocurrency and provides asset management services. The platform is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Salt Blockchain Inc. For more information, please visit saltlending.com.
SALT is a remote first organization with a dynamic workforce. SALT offers medical, dental and vision health insurance with 100% paid premiums for employees and their eligible dependents, generous PTO, a 401(k) with company match, company equity, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance, an employee perks program, a remote work expenses stipend, a home office set up payment, a charitable matching gifts program and an engaged culture with a wonderful team! If you enjoy a fast-paced, progressive, hard-working environment, SALT may be the place for you.
About the Position
The Director of Compliance will serve as the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) Officer and is responsible for the design, implementation and supervision of a comprehensive compliance and oversight program designed to ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements. This position will work remotely.
- Provide management, leadership, strategic direction and oversight for the Compliance function.
- Perform supervisory responsibilities to support Compliance employees.
- Stay abreast of current issues in the regulatory environment and changes in applicable laws, advising on industry rules and regulations and how they should be implemented and enforced.
- Promote and support a culture of risk management and compliance, including:
- Planning, advising and overseeing the compliance program, consisting of overseeing/reviewing, monitoring and testing program, which includes verifying that internal controls are designed and effective to achieve compliance with prevailing rules and regulations and maintenance of documentation to support the completion of the review and the corrective measures taken.
- Overseeing the development, documentation, and dissemination of written supervisory procedures and compliance controls with applicable rules and regulations.
- Leading AML/OFAC, lending compliance, and new credit product development special projects.
- Establishing adequate controls to provide early detections and prevention of potential compliance issues. Implementing policies and procedures to correct any identified compliance issues.
- Working with business management to develop, communicate and implement strategies, procedures and technology systems designed to enhance compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge of regulatory issues and changes in applicable laws through the regular review of appropriate publications to determine the impact on the business and its processes and procedures.
- Serve as the company's BSA Officer and point of contact with regulatory agencies. Coordinate the research, response and submission of information requested by regulatory agencies.
- Oversee the registration, maintenance, and examinations of our current state licenses and plan for and manage new application strategy.
- Manage relationships with external compliance support vendors as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree. JD degree or MBA is a plus. ACAMS or ACFCS certified is preferred.
- 7 - 10 years of compliance experience in the financial services industry. Ideal candidates will have experience with credit cards, consumer lending and/or money transmission.
- Experience in developing, implementing, and enforcing a compliance and risk management program.
- Experience with state licensing registration, maintenance, and examinations.
- Knowledge of cryptocurrency compliance and regulations is a plus.
- Supervisory/management experience of Compliance staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work and communicate in a remote environment.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Able to establish and maintain cooperative and positive working relationships.
- Organized, detail-oriented, diplomatic, analytical, proactive, self motivated, dependable, and driven by excellence.
- Even-tempered and able to balance multiple tasks in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work sensitively and effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
Works remotely from anywhere in the U.S.
Hiring range of $90,000 - $130,000 DOE