We’re united by a mission: to make the world a safer place. Corvus Insurance uses novel data and artificial intelligence/machine learning to achieve better insights into commercial insurance risk. Our software empowers brokers and policyholders to better predict and prevent complex claims through data-driven tools and Smart Commercial Insurance® policies. This allows us to reduce or eliminate the impact of adverse events, creating a safer world for everyone. Drawing inspiration from the intelligent, tool-building corvid family of birds, we are a team of high-flying collaborative builders. We’re excited to meet you. Spread your wings, and soar with us.
Corvus is seeking a Claims Counsel to join its growing team reporting to its Senior Director, Claims. This individual should have significant experience handling claims and a strong coverage background. A familiarity with cyber insurance or other first party lines is a plus.
This role will allow the individual to shape their career in the Cyber industry while simultaneously shaping a growing InsurTech scale-up with Corvus. Prepare to work alongside talented individuals to assist in building procedures and programs to effectively handle breach response and improve the claims handling experience. The individual should be highly motivated and excited to build thought leadership in the cyber claims industry.
- Promptly investigate, negotiate, and manage Cyber claims
- Analyze primary and excess coverage, make coverage determinations, and draft coverage correspondence
- Assist in reviewing coverage correspondence and act as a resource for coverage related questions
- Effectively communicate coverage positions to Corvus policyholders
- Comfortable managing claims with minimal guidance from start to finish
- Proactively work toward economic resolution of Cyber claims
- Maintain well documented claim file notes
- Control litigation and expense management
- Utilize knowledge of insurance contracts, claims investigations, and vendor management to make appropriate claim reserve recommendations
- Serve as technical leader to team members
- Appoint and manage defense/breach counsel and vendors
- Collaborate and coordinate with the Corvus Risk + Response team to assist policyholders in pre-breach and breach response services
- Collaborate with underwriting department on policy wording as needed
- Maintain frequent interaction with Underwriting team to communicate claim developments and trends
- Responsible for implementation, monitoring and reporting on results of assigned special projects
- Drive employee engagement by exhibiting passion about the company, values, business and our customers
- Experience drafting coverage letters with a strong grasp of coverage issues
- Significant experience handling Cyber claims
- JD preferred
- VCA claims system experience, a plus
- Licensed Insurance Adjuster (multiple licenses a plus and willingness to obtain additional licenses)
- Experience reviewing litigation budgets and statements of work
- Have an excellent understanding and demonstrated ability to apply the technical aspects of claim handling
- Seeking ambitious individuals eager to build and grow expertise with Corvus and in the cyber industry
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
Corvus provides a seriously safe nest for people who come from all paths. Our flock represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Although confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job, we believe there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Corvus is a place where everyone can soar. So however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day. And please check out what it's like to be a Corvid and our amazing benefits: https://www.corvusinsurance.com/life-at-corvus
Corvus is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation with our hiring process due to a disability, contact us at [email protected]
Disclaimer: Bird puns are highly encouraged!