Counsel at Curriculum Associates
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren't sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates is seeking to hire a Counsel to join our expanding legal team. This position will provide additional support to meet the legal needs of our growing organization. The role will focus on properly documenting contractual relationships and minimizing risk to the organization, while also providing input on process improvements. This position has the potential to take on increasing responsibility and a wider variety of tasks depending on the candidate skill level.
The impact you'll have:
- Assist with review and revision of vendor and customer contracts;
- Negotiation of vendor and customer contracts where needed;
- Serve as primary legal contact for the permissions team-reviewing relevant agreements and suggesting process improvements;
- Assist with sourcing and implementing contract management tool and collection and management of contract data;
- Research various legal topics to enable team to provide advice on product development initiatives and other matters.
- J.D. from accredited law school;
- Member of a state Bar in good standing;
- One to three years of corporate legal experience handling various types of agreements;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent communication and project management skills;
- Able to build and maintain productive, positive relationships with team members in a fast-paced environment, and provide legal advice that balances business needs with appropriately managed risk.
Location: Currently, all CA employees are working remotely due to Covid-19. Once it's safe to do so, many members of the team will return to our Billerica, MA office. CA has implemented a flexible work approach, which enables employees on office-based teams to work in-office 2 days/week and remotely 3 days/week.
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, vision insurance, and employer contributed 401K.
Please include a cover letter with your resume.