Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We’re looking for an energetic and hardworking lawyer to join our growing Product Counsel Legal team. This individual will be primarily responsible for helping to support Returnly, the development of new credit products, and expanding on features to existing products. The best candidate will be flexible enough to lead a wide range of projects and matters in support of Affirm’s multiple strategic objectives.
Join us in our mission to change consumer finance through better technology, lower costs, and increased transparency while providing the best customer experience!What You’ll Do
- Provide legal guidance to Affirm’s business teams regarding related to Returnly, the development of new credit products, and expanding on features to existing products throughout the entire product development lifecycle and beyond
- Support Merchant Engagement including merchant platform, merchant integrations, and merchant experience
- Remain up to date on relevant industry, consumer protection, marketing, and privacy laws and regulations in order to provide an ongoing ability to deliver sound compliance advice
- Draft terms and conditions, disclosures, and implement related processes
- Identify and promote process-enhancement through gap analyses between existing policies and procedures and business activities
- Learn Affirm initiatives and outflows so that you can support Affirm’s rapid expansion in the product and e-commerce areas
- Identify and evaluate business and legal risks, and find creative ways to mitigate them while achieving business goals
- Work proactively with cross-functional partners including business, Compliance and Legal teams
- J.D. degree and a state bar member in good standing
- 6+ years of law firm or in-house experience, ideally related to consumer financial services regulatory analysis, product development, privacy and data security, compliance, regulatory relations or operational functions
- Demonstrated experience as a key member of an impactful team
- Inquisitive and proactive in identifying risks and proposing creative and effective solutions
- Strong project management, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex issues to senior management in a clear and persuasive manner (verbally and in writing)
- Experience developing business focused and scalable solutions to legal challenges
- Passion for improving consumer credit products and customer experiences
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.