Counsel, Commercial at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm’s Commercial Legal team is instrumental in keeping day-to-day operations and transactions moving quickly while protecting the company. We are looking for a business-minded attorney to help support our fast-growing business and build for scale! Come join us in our mission to change consumer finance through better technology, lower costs, and increased transparency while providing the best customer experience!What you'll do
- Structure, draft, negotiate and review a range of commercial agreements, including complex and novel agreements.
- Collaborate with and provide strategic and legal advice to cross-functional teams, including, Sales, Revenue, Client Success, Risk Operations, and Finance.
- Support a fast-paced business while providing diligent and detailed work products.
- Develop and implement innovative ways to scale commercial legal processes.
- Handle ad-hoc projects across a spectrum of sophisticated business, legal, and strategic issues.
- JD from an accredited school and a state bar member in good standing
- At least 3+ years of experience. Prior in-house experience is a plus.
- Proven foundation in commercial contracts and the ability to identify and tackle potential legal and business issues present therein.
- Clear and concise communication skills to effectively collaborate and negotiate with both internal and external business and legal teams.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to coordinate, prioritize, and remain collected under pressure.
- Self-motivated and a willingness to take ownership of projects.
- A great teammate, pitching in wherever needed, whether or not it fits squarely into your role or expertise.
- Resourcefulness in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and a passion for learning.
- A passion for improving the lives of consumers through Affirm’s products and services.
- Humility, integrity, and a good sense of humor; you take your work seriously, but not yourself.
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in the U.S. (exclusive of the U.S. Territories).
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.