Corporate Paralegal - Mergers & Acquisitions at VillageMD
Join VillageMD as a Corporate Paralegal - Mergers & Acquisitions In Chicago, IL
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Corporate Paralegal - Mergers & Acquisitions to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
In this role, the Corporate Paralegal - Mergers & Acquisitions will partner with our VillageMD Transactions Legal Team to provide support for our Growth and Corporate Development teams.
Could this be you?
Integral to our Legal team, this individual will collaborate with our Growth and Corporate Development leadership to ensure that acquisition activities and processes are tracked and completed in accordance with transaction schedules.
How you can make a difference
- Coordinating data room and due diligence processes
- Preparing initial drafts of ancillary documents
- Assisting with signing and closing processes
- Utilizing the legal system to update statuses and store documents
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders regarding ongoing projects
Skills for success
- A willingness to learn on your own and take initiative
- A bias for action and pragmatic solutions
- Strong research, writing, analytical and critical reasoning skills
- The ability to be flexible in an ambiguous and dynamic environment
- An inclination towards team-based work product and results
- Capability to convey thoughts and express ideas effectively both verbally and in writing; strong presentation skills
- Proven experience and desire to develop and nurture teams
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through strong communication and doing what you say you will do
Experience to drive change
- Preferred healthcare law experience with emphasis in M&A and other transactions and closings and due diligence
- Bachelor’s degree, formal paralegal training, or equivalent job experience
- Attention to detail and timelines; ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints
- Capacity to effectively manage details and time sensitive assignments
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills required in order to communicate and follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.