Corporate Legal Counsel at Self Financial
About the job
Self Financial is a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by empowering people to build credit and build savings.
We're looking for people who share our passion and are driven to tackle challenges, find solutions and make the financial space better for the communities we serve.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by providing people accessible tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can benefit from them the most, particularly the 100 million+ Americans who have no or low credit.
Self Financial, Inc., a mission-oriented fintech company focused on the development and marketing of products to help consumers build credit and savings, is seeking an experienced corporate lawyer to join its rapidly growing team.
What you will do:
- Report to the General Counsel and work closely with executives and other personnel across the enterprise.
- Handle a wide array of corporate and business law matters, including strategic transactions, commercial contracts, technology licensing, corporate governance, and potentially some litigation management and human resources legal matters.
- Analyze legal issues relating to proposed products.
- Manage outside counsel engaged to advise the company in the aforementioned areas.
What you Bring:
- The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of corporate practice experience in a law firm or in-house law department.
- Interest in working in a mission-oriented, pre-IPO growth company environment.
- Remote work arrangements will be considered.
Our perks include:
● Stock options
● Quarterly performance-based bonuses
● Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
● Flexible vacation policy
● Educational assistance
● Free gym membership
● Free at-home workout through Sworkit
● Casual dress code
● Team building events and activities
● Remote work arrangements/ flexible work schedule
● Monthly $100 COVID stipend
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.