Corporate Counsel at Paylocity
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
We are seeking to hire an experienced corporate counsel to join our legal team. In this role, you will be a responsible for providing legal support and business counsel for a broad range of corporate and business functions. You will also play an important role in shaping policies and processes to help our legal department scale.
Reports To: VP General Counsel
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Independently review, draft, and negotiate contracts, amendments, and templates including customer, reseller, partnership, and other commercial agreements, including applicable data privacy provisions
- Engage with internal stakeholders during the contracting process to ensure that company agreements adequately address risk management concerns, information security and privacy issues, accounting considerations, and other pertinent issues.
- Provide general corporate legal advice and prepare corporate documents
- Provide sound, practical, and strategic legal advice to HR, finance, tax, product & tech and marketing
- Provide counsel and guidance to management and other internal parties on legal, ethical, business conduct, and compliance matters
- Help scale the legal department and implement operational efficiencies
- Partner with functional groups within the company on both transactional work and risk analysis
- Assist with M&A and other strategic transactions
- Assist with compliance with data privacy and information security laws and industry standards
- Maintain awareness of current and applicable developments in the legal and regulatory landscape
- Assist with complex business, legal, and strategic issues as needed
- BBA / BA / BS degree required
- JD required + admission to a state / DC bar
- 5 plus years' experience
- Tech experience preferred
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $108,366 - $170,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position offers a comprehensive variable compensation package, in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.