Help shape the next generation of ecommerce for the next generation of consumer.
About the team
The StockX Legal team is a small but formidable group of legal and compliance professionals who get the deals done, the documents signed, and the processes in place to enable our international growth, awesome brand partnerships, and newest product innovations. We embrace diversity of thought and experience because only by keeping an open mind and being inquisitive about different ways of doing things, will our legal team be able to anticipate the risks and opportunities that come with being at the forefront of innovation. On any given day, our team is researching privacy legislation, cutting deals with celebrities (well, their lawyers), setting up new legal entities in foreign countries, tightening up some internal policies, or going after scammers violating our trademarks. We know we definitely have the coolest in-house legal jobs there could be, and we make sure we enjoy it by coming together every day as a team. This is the team to be on if you are passionate about working at the cutting edge of law and commerce.
About the role
We're looking for great legal minds to help us shape and drive the debate on privacy, big data, AI, and data ethics. Come work for a trusted, high-growth ecommerce brand with an unparalleled culture where privacy and data strategy really matters. Be part of a growing team within the Compliance team (under the Legal Department) reporting to a Chief Privacy Officer (dotted line to General Counsel and Data Protection Officer) who drives business solutions, and cares about your career development.
What you'll do
- Join a small, but high impact team passionate about global privacy, trust, and data protection issues.
- Partner closely with the Information Security, Data, Engineering, Product, HR, Marketing, Ops, and other cross-functional teams to assess potential data, privacy and security risks and regulatory controls and governance for StockX’s platform.
- Develop and scale Privacy-By-Design strategies and drive impactful business solutions.
- Guide product, engineering, data science, and innovation teams regarding proposed or potential data use/product features, and clearly communicate and help non-experts understand applicable regulations, requirements, and standard methodologies.
- Develop and maintain effective policies, procedures, and documentation to demonstrate compliance; and further develop integrated strategies across StockX to optimize new data use and innovations for customer benefit.
- Participate in industry forums to help craft relevant privacy, data and digital advertising policies, regulations and best practices.
- Represent StockX externally before data protection regulators, industry groups, and other key partners to drive balanced, scalable, global approaches to complex data privacy protection and needs.
- Lead efforts to interface with and manage vendors supporting the privacy function (e.g., DSAR, cookies, consent, etc.).
- Lead efforts to comply with new privacy laws (e.g., PIPL, CPRA, VCDPA, CO CPA).
- Be a zealous privacy advocate inside StockX to help grow our culture of privacy (e.g., conduct training, represent the privacy team in product strategy and design sessions).
- Help influence and shape data security and incident management, online behavioral advertising, cross border data flows, and support for regulated data and spaces.
- J.D. degree from accredited law school and membership in at least one state bar required.
- CIPP/US and CIPP/E (or willingness to obtain within 1 year) certification required.
- Minimum 7+ years of legal experience (law firm or in-house) with minimum 3+ years of relevant privacy experience.
- B2C experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with ecommerce and privacy product counseling preferred.
- Specific experience implementing GDPR, CCPA, PIPA, PIPEDA, including DSARs, PbD, PIAs, DPAs, consent management.
- Proven track record of advancing large, sophisticated projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Strategic problem solver with excellent legal and business judgment including demonstrated experience assessing information for risk mitigation opportunities.
- A meticulous, business-friendly teammate who can think creatively.
- Strong understanding and experience with both domestic and international privacy requirements.
- Experience supporting international growth.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a great sense of humor and commitment to professionalism.
- Experience working collaboratively and effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Unparalleled integrity and the ability to set an example of ethical behavior.
In a world where consumers increasingly value self-expression and individuality, the market for hard-to-find fashion, collectibles, and electronics has never been hotter. Our global platform offers unique access to current culture while our data-driven, bid-ask model provides buyers with the real-time visibility to know they’re getting a fair price.