PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Corporate Counsel, Intellectual Property
San Mateo, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment is seeking an experienced trademark and copyright attorney to work with some of the most exciting consumer brands. As Corporate Counsel you will work with a variety of business and legal teams to support the trademark and copyright programs across the full scope of PlayStation products and services. This position will be an attorney in a dynamic team of intellectual property professionals responsible for trademark, copyright, and domain name matters globally.
- Handling clearance, prosecution, maintenance, and enforcement of various brands in the US and abroad.
- Counseling internal teams on intellectual property matters.
- Coordinating with outside counsel on various projects, including clearance, oppositions, and enforcement.
- Advising on trademark licensing.
- Assessing game content for intellectual property risk.
- Building and fine-tuning intellectual property protection policies.
- Collaborating with colleagues internationally.
- 4+ years of experience with trademark and copyright issues, with at least 2 years at a law firm.
- Experience in trademark prosecution and enforcement.
- JD or LLM degree from top law school; CA bar membership preferred. At a minimum, the candidate must be qualified for and quickly acquire a Registered In-House Counsel status in California and the willingness to maintain that status during employment.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience providing practical advice on a wide variety of legal issues in a fast-paced environment.
- A track record of drafting and negotiating agreements with an emphasis on trademarks and copyrights.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A dedication to client service and attention to detail.
- Strong presentation skills and an ability educate others about intellectual property in engaging and impactful ways.
- A familiarity with protecting consumer brands in the technology space.
- A passion for branding.`
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.