Recharge is the leader in powering physical subscriptions, making it one of the most important ecommerce engines. Recharge powers over 50M subscriptions worldwide and has processed more than 10B in transactions. More than 15K brands such as Verve Coffee Roasters, Bokksu, Who Gives A Crap, Geologie, Bite Toothpaste Bits and The Sill rely on Recharge daily to grow their businesses and delight their customers.
Recharge’s mission is to enable brands and merchants to form strong, lasting relationships with their customers through recurring purchases. As merchants seek ways to drive more direct sales and distribution through their channels and move away from a reliance on traditional online marketing strategies, Recharge has made it possible to grow businesses with seamless, recurring customer transactions.
Bootstrapped until 2020, Recharge is valued at over 2.1B dollars and is a double unicorn with a total raise of 277M dollars. Join us as we work with our merchants to define the future of ecommerce.
We are looking for an Employment and Compliance Counsel to join our expanding in-house legal team. You will report to the Director of Legal and will be primarily responsible for supporting the People team and focus on employment law and legal compliance. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work on a broad variety of other legal and business matters across the organization. The right person will be comfortable working with cross-functional teams and have the ability to manage a wide range of projects.What you’ll do
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, #humility
- Assist and advise our People Team in all areas of domestic and international employment law and the employment relationship, including hiring and termination, employee relations, compliance, performance management, compensation and benefits, leaves of absence, disability, and internal investigations.
- Manage compliance with employment law for our fully remote workforce.
- Design and build processes and procedures to increase the efficiency of the legal services provided to Recharge in relation to employment matters.
- Draft, implement and help to administer U.S. and global agreements, contracts, policies, and procedures.
- Assist and advise our People Team on immigration law issues with the help of outside counsel as needed.
- Keep current on developments in employment laws and evolving best practices.
- Play a key role in helping Recharge scale globally.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to anticipate, identify and manage employment and corporate compliance matters, legal exposure and risk management, and provide legal support and advice to individual departments/groups.
- Help to build, operate, and monitor the effectiveness of critical compliance processes
- Serve as an employee-facing point of contact supporting Recharge’s corporate compliance policies.
- JD from from an ABA-accredited U.S. law school with strong academic credentials
- Active member of a recognized state bar in the United States
- 4+ years of relevant experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department
- Experience with employment law and compliance matters, especially as it relates to a fully remote workforce
- Experience with drafting and reviewing employment agreements, contracts and policies
- Familiarity with employee vs. independent contractor classification matters
- Ability to handle a broad range of legal employment matters and work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced, demanding and transparent environment
- Familiarity with conducting and advising on employment-related investigations
- Independent and strategic thinking and a willingness to take on additional responsibilities
Recharge | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
Recharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Recharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.