Limeade is an employee experience software company that helps build great places to work. Our platform unifies employee well-being, engagement, and inclusion solutions with industry-leading communications capabilities. Recognized for its own award-winning culture, Limeade helps every employee know their company cares. To learn more, visit www.limeade.com.
We're committed to creating a mission-driven, positive and inclusive culture of improvement made up of the best and brightest people in the business. And we've got the awards to back it up: Puget Sound Business Journal ranked us #1 Best Workplace in Washington, and Seattle Business ranked us one of the top three Best Companies to Work for in Washington State. In addition, we're one of the fastest-growing companies in North America (Deloitte's Technology Fast 500™), and Fortune magazine recognized us as a Best Workplace for Women. Limeade is a global company that embraces a distributed workforce and has users in more than 100 countries. Our headquarters are in Bellevue, WA.
About the role:
We’re looking for a Corporate Counsel – Commercial & Data Privacy to work across all Limeade departments transforming work inside the organization and for our customers. Reporting to the VP of Legal, this role will:
- Work with the Sales and Partner teams, negotiating a wide variety of SaaS agreements ranging from standard vendor agreements to complex, high-dollar value, enterprise MSAs.
- Lead on advising product, security, customer success, and operations teams on privacy compliance, conducting detailed legal analysis of products and services, data protection assessments, audits, and investigations
- Work with Limeade product teams, anticipating and resolving legal and IP issues, advising on feature development, geo-expansion and product evolution.
- Assist the VP of Legal and other team members in managing all legal and compliance matters, including working closely with outside counsel
This role can be fully remote.
- Ability to demonstrate Limeade's values every day
- JD degree with excellent academic credentials and current bar membership in good standing
- 5+ years of combined legal experience at a law firm or in-house technology company
- Privacy Certification including CIPP/US, CIPP/E, CIPM, or CHPSE strongly preferred
- Knowledge and experience with Privacy and Information Security Law including HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA
- Varied transactional experience with superior drafting and negotiation skills
- Experience with IT/technology and SaaS transactions
- Excellent verbal, analytical, and written communications skills
- Passion for teamwork and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Joyfully collaborate with cross-functional teams to achieve business results
- Customer service oriented with a strong sense of humor, unquestioned ethics, and the highest level of integrity
- Experience working in a demanding, fast-paced, high volume transaction environment and prioritizing appropriately
Limeade provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Limeade will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This position is open to remote workers located in the United States and Canada.