Contracts Manager at CapTech (Remote)
CapTech is a team of master builders, creators, and problem solvers who help clients grow efficient, successful businesses. We unite diverse skills and perspectives to transform how data, systems, and ingenuity enable each client to advance what’s possible in a changing world.
As perceptive partners, our U.S-based consultants find inspiration in the unknown and enjoy getting our hands dirty solving our clients’ myriad of challenges. Across industries and business goals, we fuse technical depth and analytical prowess with creative savvy to move clients forward. This drive helps each organization use technology, management, and insight to turn ideas into action. Together, we create outcomes that exceed the expected — which is one of the reasons we’ve been on the Inc. 500/5000 list for over a decade.
CapTech Ventures, Inc. is looking for a top-performing, highly motivated Contract Manager to review, redline and negotiate contracts (including Master Agreements, Statements of Work and pre-award contracts for competitive procurements) of varying degrees of complexity between CapTech and its clients, subcontractors, and vendors. An ideal candidate is someone who is a fast learner, who is willing to roll up their sleeves and work collaboratively with a wide variety of business stakeholders.
To be successful in this role, you must have experience reviewing contracts and be comfortable redlining and negotiating using the client’s or vendor’s contract templates (aka “client paper”). You must possess exceptional written and oral communication skills coupled with an ability to manage a high-volume workload in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This individual in this role will work closely with CapTech’s Business Development, Account Management and Internal Department Managers to understand the business drivers creating the need for each contract and to balance those business needs with enterprise risk while delivering contracts in a timely manner. The Contract Manager will report to the Contract Management Lead within the Enterprise Risk Management team.
- To support specific portfolios of CapTech clients’ contracts (e.g., FinServ, Healthcare, Hospitality etc.) and work directly with each portfolio’s Account Managers to review, redline and negotiate all of the Statements of Work, Amendments, Change Orders for each client using client driven templates.
- Participate in managing the contract lifecycle from intake to execution, working closely with Business Development, Account Management and Internal Department Leads.
- Analyzing, reviewing, revising and/or negotiating agreements with CapTech’s clients, subcontractors, vendors, other third parties, and their respective representatives, including: Nondisclosure and Confidentiality Agreements, Master Services Agreements, Statements of Work, Requests for Proposals, Subscription Agreements, Business Associate Agreements, Subcontracting Agreements, online terms and conditions, and various other documents.
- Respond to inquiries regarding contract and contract compliance obligations.
- Research contract terms and conditions, applicable laws and or other regulations as needed.
- Manage the contract day-to-day by advising on the strategic direction, contract interpretation and risks of action/inaction.
- Proactively resolve contract issues to minimize potential for litigation and foster protection of CapTech’s reputation.
- Develop and maintain relationship with clients’ and vendors’ contract management or procurement function.
- Draft contract summaries that enable CapTech stakeholders to understand the key commercial and legal terms in each contract.
- Balance a heavy workload and deliver contracts in a timely manner where schedules are often driven by client and fast-moving project requirements.
- Negotiating data privacy, information security, HIPAA and terms regarding the laws impacting the delivery of technology and management consulting services.
- Bachelor's degree
- Must be experienced in working from varying contract templates
- Must be highly flexible and be able to work outside the box
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience in drafting, redlining and negotiating contracts and managing contract functions
- Must be experienced with negotiating both commercial and legal terms
- Experience drafting and finalizing Master Service Agreements, Statements of Work, NDAs, Subcontractor Agreements, Business Associate Agreements, Partner Agreements and various types of vendor contracts such as technology, consulting, marketing, real estate and other services
- Experience with reviewing contract considerations in RFx (RFPs, RFIs, etc.) for public sector and commercial procurements
- Familiarity with information technology and management consulting industry specific contract provisions a plus
- Proven ability to take initiative, and move daily work forward with intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm
- Attention to detail with a high level of data integrity and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills necessary to document and track issues from inception to resolution
- Good judgment in prioritizing and completing tasks, and in seeking guidance when needed
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels both within and outside of the organization
- Ability to be flexible in communication style and approach
- Detail oriented
We want everyone at CapTech to be able to envision a lasting and rewarding career here, which is why we offer a variety of career paths based on your skills and passions. You decide where and how you want to develop, and we help get you there with customizable career progression and a comprehensive benefits package to support you along the way. Alongside our suite of traditional benefits encompassing generous PTO, health coverage, disability insurance, paid family leave and more, we’ve launched extended benefits to help meet our employees’ needs.
- CapFlex – Employee-first mentality that supports a remote and hybrid workforce and empowers daily flexibility while servicing our clients
- Learning & Development – Programs offering certification and tuition support, digital on-demand learning courses, mentorship, and skill development paths
- Modern Health –A mental health and well-being platform that provides 1:1 care, group support sessions, and self-serve resources to support employees and their families through life’s ups and downs
- Carrot Fertility –Inclusive fertility and family-forming coverage for all paths to parenthood – including adoption, surrogacy, fertility treatments, pregnancy, and more – and opportunities for employer-sponsored funds to help pay for care
- Fringe –A company paid stipend program for personalized lifestyle benefits, allowing employees to choose benefits that matter most to them – ranging from vendors like Netflix, Spotify, and GrubHub to services like student loan repayment, travel, fitness, and more
- Employee Resource Groups – Employee-led committees that embrace and incorporate diversity and inclusion into our day-to-day operations
- Philanthropic Partnerships – Opportunities to engage in partnerships and pro-bono projects that support our communities.
- 401(k) Matching – Generous matching and no vesting period to help you continue to build financial wellness
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace. For more information about our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging efforts, click HERE.
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.