Contracts Manager at Okta
About Okta: Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With thousands of pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,400 organizations trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
About the Role: We are looking for a Contracts Manager/Paralegal with inhouse experience to support Okta’s procurement team. The successful candidate will partner closely with all members of the procurement organization as well as Okta’s legal department.
- Draft, redline, and negotiate master services agreements, engagement agreements, NDAs, vendor contracts, consulting agreements, venue agreements, software/tools licenses, employment-related agreements, etc.
- Partner with procurement department on inbound vendor contracts handled by procurement.
- Review and negotiate contract changes requested by internal teams and vendors to ensure that contract activities are in full compliance with legal / regulatory requirements.
- Maintain and update commercial templates.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must have BA degree from an accredited college or university and paralegal certificate.
- Should have 5+ years of relevant experience with high growth SaaS company(s).
- Must have experience with negotiating contracts.
- Familiarity with Apttus, Box, Salesforce, ServiceNow and NetSuite a plus.
- Experience independently drafting and negotiating legal terms, ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Familiarity or expertise with data security and/or data privacy are highly valuable.
- Knowledge of contract structure and ability to identify specific provisions.
- Strong understanding of standard contract language and experience negotiating those terms.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Very strong attention to detail and accuracy of information.
- Ability to demonstrate creativity, critical thinking, initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams and deliverables, and coordinate across functional initiatives to meet deadlines.
- Comfort operating in a fast-moving and fast-changing environment.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word and Google Suite.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.