Contracts & Legal Operations Manager at Karat
Karat’s purpose is to unlock opportunity, and we built the world’s first Interviewing Cloud to conduct predictive, fair, and enjoyable technical interviews 24/7. Karat helps companies expand interviewing capacity, unlock developer time, and raise engineering quality so they can hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a team of passionate, focused, human-centric team, and we want you to join us!Come join our Legal team
Our Legal team is dedicated to supporting Karat’s people, solving complex problems with both a business and a legal mindset, and serving as a strategic partner across every function in our dynamic organization. We embrace innovation, creative-thinking, and teamwork in our mission to empower Karat’s successes.What you will do
As Contracts & Legal Operations Manager at Karat, you will support a growing and fast-paced legal team through negotiating and managing commercial transactions, developing and scaling project management processes, and maintaining accurate records and legal department knowledge management resources.
Karat’s HQ is based in Seattle, Washington, but we are open to remote U.S.-based candidates for this role. Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Collaborate with Karat’s attorneys, sales and procurement teams, and other leaders across the organization to manage a variety of contract administration matters, including:
- document intake, workflows and distribution;
- basic review, drafting and negotiation;
- approval,signature, and record-keeping processes, and;
- escalating critical issues.
- Review completed agreements to identify key terms, record information in Karat’s contract management database, and track ongoing rights, obligations and other terms.
- Work under the direction of Karat’s attorneys to provide strategic counseling and contract analysis to stakeholders across the organization.
- Maintain knowledge and training resources and serve as an internal point of contact to manage legal operations processes and respond to questions.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in processes, tools, templates, and other resources and build scalable solutions to support a rapidly-growing global company.
- 2+ years of relevant, professional experience as a paralegal, contract manager, legal operations administrator, or similar role(s) in an in-house technology environment
- High-growth startup and/or corporate law firm department experience strongly preferred
- Experience drafting basic contracts from existing templates and conducting basic negotiations in accordance with a predetermined playbook
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communication skills; a proven ability to communicate at a variety of levels across an established organizational structure
- Experience using the full functionality of a contract lifecycle management (CLM) or contract management system (CMS) (e.g. Ironclad)
- Aptitude for crafting and implementing legal operations and workflows; strong preference for applying digital tools and continually improving processes to meet evolving needs
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Global Parental Leave (16 weeks paid with additional 8 weeks transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 18 paid Company Holidays for 2021
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at [email protected].