Commercial Counsel at Reddit
Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 50 million daily active people, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and thoughtful team player with 5-7 years of legal experience, preferably with 2+ years in online advertising and media transactions. As Commercial Counsel, you’ll work primarily with Reddit’s sales and media partnership teams to negotiate a variety of agreements related to ad sales and media transactions. You will use your drive and experience to make a big impact on Reddit’s rapidly-growing business. You will also help us build out and streamline our sales and legal processes and you’ll work closely with our advertisers, agencies and other partners. This position will report to Senior Counsel.
What You’ll Do:
- Advise multiple stakeholders throughout the ad sales process, including our sales and creative teams, with a focus on building relationships and efficiency.
- Review, draft and negotiate a variety of agreements related to sales, media partnerships, music, marketing and ad tech, such as MSAs, NDAs, and Media Buys.
- Provide continual daily support for Reddit’s Sales Team while building out long-term strategies in order to efficiently scale the business.
- Collaborate with our Business Development team and channel sales partners for cross-border advertising deals.
- Understand and stay up to date on U.S. and international laws and regulations related to social media platforms and online advertising.
- Explain complex legal issues and present risks clearly to other teams across the company.
- Design, build, and improve legal department processes to keep up with hyper growth.
What We’re Looking For:
- Self-starter, with enthusiasm and passion for technology, law, and business.
- Superior negotiating, drafting, analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills, with experience in drafting and reviewing a broad spectrum of agreements preferred.
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- Good judgment, with the ability to advise clients under tight deadlines and varying levels of risk, while keeping client satisfaction through quick but reliable decision-making.
- Understanding of online advertising and ad sales.
- 4-7 years legal experience in a relevant setting (ideally with 2+ years of experience in online advertising and media transactions)
- JD, admitted to a state bar in the United States, great academic record.
- In-house experience at a technology company with commercial counsel experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of privacy law as it relates to online advertising is highly preferred.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].