Commercial Counsel at Included Health (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:30 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, July 5, 2022
Included Health is seeking an experienced Commercial Counsel to expand its legal team. The ideal candidate will strengthen Included Health by expanding our ability to close commercial contracts through a team-based approach, and by contributing to related legal topics. The ideal candidate will have deep experience with healthcare, enterprise benefits and/or SaaS contracting, with a focus on drafting and negotiating complex sales agreements and transactions. Experience contracting with managed Medicare and Medicaid health plans is helpful. Experience in data privacy, ERISA, HIPAA, or similar fields is a plus. Additional duties may include RFP/proposal review, document management, and related topics.
- Run selected commercial contracting processes, which may include providing healthcare navigation services to large enterprise, mid-market, labor/public clients, in addition to health plan clients whereby Included Health provides tele-health services, starting from RFP through contract execution and potential later contract expansion.
- Serve as a corporate generalist to add support to the department on additional deals being run by other members of internal commercial team, including vendor contract management and procurement.
- Interface regularly with sales, account management, finance, compliance, information security and other groups to ensure prompt and accurate completion of commercial processes.
- Work as a team to support other areas of the business, including other counsel.
- Be seen as the go-to resource by management and other organization members regarding relevant areas of legal and business strategy.
- Manage outside counsel relationships as appropriate.
- Juris Doctorate required.
- In good standing with local state bar / eligible to practice as in-house counsel.
- 5+ years relevant experience, preferably in high-growth environments or through relevant outside counsel experience.
- Experience combining legal judgment with high business aptitude in support of a complex mission.
- Healthcare / SaaS / technology experience preferred.
- Ability to balance between working independently and as part of a team as situations demand.
- Comfort in a fast-paced work environment, flexible and creative in problem solving and risk assessment.
- Experience in other related legal areas a plus.
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Read Full Job Description