By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
Veeva’s Commercial Legal Team is looking for an attorney with experience contracting with large healthcare institutions, academic medical centers, and public agencies to be part of our highly motivated, tightly-knit, and collaborative legal team. You will work closely with our research site solutions team and lead legal negotiations with our customers, efficiently bringing deals to a favorable close. We are looking for a high performer who has exceptional communication skills and is adaptable, team-oriented, loves to learn, and operates with a high degree of integrity.
This role is located in the United States and will report to the Associate General Counsel, U.S. Commercial.
What You'll Do
- Negotiate and draft SaaS subscription agreements, business associate agreements, and NDAs with healthcare, research site, and government customers.
- Support Veeva’s product, sales, and strategy teams as we add new products and services for healthcare, research site, and government customers.
- Coordinate with internal and external subject matter experts, including external counsel, when needed.
- Respond to inquiries re-contract interpretation and compliance.
- Assist with other corporate and contracting initiatives as required.
- Support the continuous improvement of internal processes.
- Establish and build good working relationships with internal clients, based on mutual trust and respect, as well as knowledge of the company’s business, needs, and goals.
- Other ad hoc special assignments.
- Experience with different kinds of commercial transactions (e.g., SaaS, strategic alliance, IP licensing, software licensing, working with contractors, outsourcing, facilities, etc.).
- Experience with government (state and Federal) and healthcare contracting.
- A confident, effective, and positive negotiator who can lead the process, focus on important issues, and efficiently bring deals to a favorable close.
- Strong aptitude towards drafting documents, emails, and anything else in a very precise manner, while still being concise and digestible for non-lawyers. Attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to successfully work independently with little guidance, but also able to use good judgment and escalate issues when needed.
- Skilled at working cross-functionally and collaboratively with different departments.
- Licensed attorney. Active status in a U.S. state bar (ideally where the position is located).
- Minimum 6 years of experience in a reputable law firm and/or in-house.
- Strong academic background, including J.D. from a top U.S. law school.
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]
Read Full Job Description